DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• lozzam
    lozzam Posts: 73 Forumite
    Newshound! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    amlal wrote: »
    After 20 months of sculking in the background I really need to come forward and ask for help!

We are currently on a DMP with CCCS and all has been going fine apart from the agreement with the lovely Llyods TSB who continued to add intrest to the account but at a reduced rate. Recently during a review with CCCS it was decided that we had stretched ourselves within our budget and the payments were reduced slightly. All creditors agreed to this apart from Llyods who insisted the payments were increased yet at the same time they stopped charging interest!!??

Last week we received a letter from them stating they would be issueing a default on our account unless they recieve £551 by the 14th June at which point they will be beginning legal proceedings. We have had defaults from other companies but for some reason the fact that after 18 months Llyods are doing it is really starting to worry me. I read on other threads how awful they are and even how they are not happy with a CCJ and go straight for a charging order, is this possible??

If anyone could please offer some advice I would really appreciate it and perhaps be able to sleep again!!!

While I've finally found the courage to post on the forum can I just say thank to everyone who has inspired me to finally address the disaster I call my personal finances!!!!

There is really no need to panic about this. I posted a while back about Lloyds and the letters they send - they will keep sending this sort of letter for months or even years before they do something. Provided you keep paying them through the DMP the most likely course of action is that they will sell your account to a DCA.

I have been on a DMP for nearly 5 years, and have been getting this sort of letter from Lloyds throughout. Every few months I ring them up and have a little chat, explaining calmly that I can't give them any more as I don't have it.

I would have much preferred it if they had defaulted the account several years ago at the same time as other creditors, but there is nothing to be done about that. Don't want to have to take out credit again, so another 6 years before my credit rating is clear shouldn't matter so much...

So keep calm, ignore the scare tactics. You will be fine, and you can always come back here if you feel worried.
    DMP mutual support thread member 373
  • emmiloam
    emmiloam Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thestealer wrote: »
    Spot on advice from twitty there...a cool and calm head is always better than and anxious and fretting one.

In addition I would also say that having a charging order on your house is not really a big deal provided you don't plan on moving for the duration of your DMP. It just means that IF you sold the house Lloyds would get first bagsies on the profits.

I have to agree with this. We got a CO from northern rock last year and it really hasn't made any difference. We do have some equity in our house so if we sell they'll get their money back then.

Your credit rating is probably already shot to bits so a CO isn't going to make any difference.

If they do decide to go for the CO and you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Em
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Triggles wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like a non-entity on main DFW board. Posted a question, 29 people read it, not one person answered it...

Has anyone here gone around with 1st credit?? They've sent me 3 letters in the last couple days - two last week on same day saying they have our Santander debt now and demanding payment, then one Monday saying we haven't responded and they will be contacting a debt collector to come to the house. We only got the first two letters at the end of the week last week! The one saying we haven't responded was dated before we even received the first two telling us they now have the debt!!! And Santander hasn't notified us that they even sold the debt to a DCA. So I'm thoroughly confused. We've been paying Santander, and they've been sending their letters to us as well (demanding more than what we're paying)... they can't BOTH have the debt... wouldn't Santander have to tell us they've sold the debt and to who and what the balance was at that time?

Have you spoken to either company to clarify this? Also if it has changed over, then you will need to inform your DMP company (unless you're self managed, of course).
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • LauraLou1985
    LauraLou1985 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for addresses to send my "Notification of Debt Management Plan"? I'm looking for the addresses for Egg, Santander and Virgin. If anyone knows where I can find a list of addresses I'd be very grateful! Much obliged!
  • the_tooth_fairy
    Options
    Twit_Head wrote: »
    You looking for a punch up the snout mate??? ;)
    God Bless all who serve and still give their lives and suffer horrendous injuries in the service of the country but I was just a 'twinkle' when spam fritters were the dish of the day.
    By the by did you know the population was really well nourished during the WW2? No excess fats, sugars etc -just good basic food. A moral for all on a low budget?

'Twitty'

As they say in Norn Irn, he's looking a dig in the bake!!!:rotfl:
    :j:hello::hello::jDMP mutual support thread member 348
  • the_tooth_fairy
    Options
    thestealer wrote: »
    Spot on advice from twitty there...a cool and calm head is always better than and anxious and fretting one.

In addition I would also say that having a charging order on your house is not really a big deal provided you don't plan on moving for the duration of your DMP. It just means that IF you sold the house Lloyds would get first bagsies on the profits.

Totally good advice. These beggars really try to put the frighteners on, don't they.:eek:

Just stay cool and give them what your DMP can afford. They aren't going to turn it down, are they?. Take care,

ttf
    :j:hello::hello::jDMP mutual support thread member 348
  • amlal
    amlal Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. The reassurance that someone else has received these letters from Llyods has made me feel slightly calmer. I think my biggest fear is having to go to court.

Didn't get much sleep again last night, mainly due to wanting to keep checking this forum for any help offered, so perhaps I might finally be able to sleep tonight!!
  • cocker100
    cocker100 Posts: 518 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 6:37PM
    Options
    Triggles wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like a non-entity on main DFW board. Posted a question, 29 people read it, not one person answered it...

Has anyone here gone around with 1st credit?? They've sent me 3 letters in the last couple days - two last week on same day saying they have our Santander debt now and demanding payment, then one Monday saying we haven't responded and they will be contacting a debt collector to come to the house. We only got the first two letters at the end of the week last week! The one saying we haven't responded was dated before we even received the first two telling us they now have the debt!!! And Santander hasn't notified us that they even sold the debt to a DCA. So I'm thoroughly confused. We've been paying Santander, and they've been sending their letters to us as well (demanding more than what we're paying)... they can't BOTH have the debt... wouldn't Santander have to tell us they've sold the debt and to who and what the balance was at that time?

Oh no!!! 1st Credit pop up again!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Without sounding alarmist, 1st Credit are by far the worst DCA i've had dealings with. They are renouned for being aggressive and are always full of threats!

You need to stand your ground with them. If they think you know your rights, they tend to back off. I love to send them letters quoting financial regulations. I really [EMAIL="p@@@@s"]p@@@@s[/EMAIL] them off!!!:rotfl:I treat it like a game of chess! They of course claim that I am wrong, but I am Cocker and I am always right!!!:D;):D;)

If Santander had sold the account to them, you should have received a notice of assignment from them. You normally get a letter "introducing" them to you. After you receive this, all payments should be sent to 1st Credit.

Contact CCCS and they should negoiate on your behalf. Knowing 1st Credit, they will refuse to accept the DMP and demand at least double the payment. If this happens, stay calm and fight back.

You need to issue them with a CCA request (if the debt is a credit card or loan) to see if the debt is indeed enforceable. This should put the account on hold and stop them in their tracks for a while. 1st Credit will contact Santander for the required info for you and you should wait until they reply back. Search for CCA request if you are unsure what this is.

When they respond, post back and I will assist further. I am always lurking on this thread, so shouldn't take long to reply. I HATE 1st Credit with a passion and will help anyone fight their corner against them.

Good luck,

Cocker:)

P.S. I took the plunge with these losers and stopped paying them altogether when I realised that my debt was completely unenforceable. This was in January, and despite their threats of court action, they have yet to issue me with a summonds, and its now June!!!;) Although to be honest, i'd love my day in court with them!:D
  • cocker100
    cocker100 Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    amlal wrote: »
    After 20 months of sculking in the background I really need to come forward and ask for help!

We are currently on a DMP with CCCS and all has been going fine apart from the agreement with the lovely Llyods TSB who continued to add intrest to the account but at a reduced rate. Recently during a review with CCCS it was decided that we had stretched ourselves within our budget and the payments were reduced slightly. All creditors agreed to this apart from Llyods who insisted the payments were increased yet at the same time they stopped charging interest!!??

Last week we received a letter from them stating they would be issueing a default on our account unless they recieve £551 by the 14th June at which point they will be beginning legal proceedings. We have had defaults from other companies but for some reason the fact that after 18 months Llyods are doing it is really starting to worry me. I read on other threads how awful they are and even how they are not happy with a CCJ and go straight for a charging order, is this possible??

If anyone could please offer some advice I would really appreciate it and perhaps be able to sleep again!!!

While I've finally found the courage to post on the forum can I just say thank to everyone who has inspired me to finally address the disaster I call my personal finances!!!!

Hiya and welcome to the forum!

This is standard fare from LTSB.

They are usually full of empty threats! You will probably receive a letter from their in house solicitors shortly demanding full payment of the debt. Howver, they are not proper solicitors, they are another department in the LTSB collection centre in Brighton, so stay calm!

Keep paying what you are paying and this will show that you are committed to repaying your debts. If they do try and start court proceedings, issue them with a CCA request as in my above post regarding 1st Credit Ltd.

Also, do you have ppi attached to this account? If so, start a reclaim using the template letters on the site. If successful, this will reduce the amount owed. There are also unfair charges to reclaim back aswell.

LTSB are second only to 1st Credit in my hate list of creditors!:mad: They are completely useless and it annoys me that my taxes are going towards paying the wages of their incompetent staff!

Cocker:)
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    cocker100 - thanks for that info. I've already sent 1st credit a registered letter telling them that they are not to send anyone for doorstep collection (using part of that template letter), that we will only be communicating with them via post, and that they will need to wait until we have written verification from Santander that they do indeed own the debt. As soon as I receive that from Santander, then I will contact them regarding paying them the monthly payments that we currently pay Santander. (no more, no less)
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family