DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• 3431Anna
    3431Anna Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2010 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Another two of my creditors have accepted my payment plan, so now only Next and Barclaycards left to accept fingers crossed also HFC bank have said they will not charge interest or fees for 12 months so this will help, Even thought i have a dmp with payplan and they will be sending payments on my behalf HFC have sent STANDING ORDER FORM FOR ME TO FILL IN AND SEND TO MY BANK DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS WOULD BE
    20p savers club 2013#23 83.00 (2014 numer 6,70.00 pounds) 2036SPC No 6(2013) 182.34
    2.00 savers club no 159
    SPC No 7 2036(2014) 369.[2[ SPC No 8 197.45 (no 114)
  • Twit_Head
    Twit_Head Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am feeling really low - we have our first Annual Review with Payplan tomorrow morning so got out all the paper work and sorted out a new I / E form = basically we have an extra £100 going in from wages but need an extra £50 - fuel / food etc - so in real terms looking at putting an extra £50 -60 monthly into the pot. We have 18 creditors - 5 still have to accept / decline , Mint has stopped interest as has Egg but only 1 or 2 others have done likewise although 2 are catalogue debts which have been passed on so are not accruing any more!I woro0te to our all our creditors to this effect last week and we have repeatedly asked Paplan to try to get the interest reduced / frozen. We have paid in almost 31k and our debt has gone down 18 1/2 . We were informed we would likely be debt free by March 2013 - looks to be as though it will be another 5 years - not 3! Any ideas / advice please!

Hey please don't feel so down! That's absolutely fantastic if you can put an extra £50-00 to £60-00 each month towards paying off your debts :j (My total payment is only £80-00 a month :()
    You have paid back a huge amount so far in quite a short amount of time, so feel proud of yourselves. No solid advice but worth searching this thread for various thoughts re:creditors entitlement to add interest and our original need/willingness to borrow from them.
    Can only suggest you keep asking/paying your creditors and keep in mind how far you have come. Your debt is decreasing - brilliant :)
    Sure your review will go well and you'll feel brighter aferwards.

'Twitty'
  • Twit_Head
    Twit_Head Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay, Hello and good luck to all the new people! I haven't been on for about a year but still battling on with this DMP, watching the figure go down.. slowly, but it is going down!!

Getting on for 3 years now and £7k paid @ 250 a month for 2 years and 200 a month for this past year... One day it will say £0!! :mad:

I must admit though, im for sure not so Worried anymore.. so need to change my name!!

:beer: Great to have your update, so glad to hear life has got better for you and you're not 'worried' any more. Look forward to your £0-00 day!

And you think you need to change your name now? Have you seen mine? :o:o

'Twitty'
  • the_tooth_fairy
    Options
    Twit_Head wrote: »
    Discovered sump oil tastes better when it's chilled in this weather :rotfl:

By the by how on earth did you obtain credit when on your DMP? Thought this was an absolute no no ??? Cars repairs are always such a worry-hope you get sorted soon.

'Twitty'

Yes, I would like to know that as well. Do they not do credit ref checks?
    :j:hello::hello::jDMP mutual support thread member 348
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Found this on the PayPlan website. It seems you can get credit, but it will !!!! off the creditors no doubt, and also can be deemed fraudulent...

"We ask clients not to obtain further credit whilst in a DMP. It can be considered fraudulent to take out credit that you know can't be repaid. The debt management plan will make sure you have enough money to live on, so you shouldn't need to take out any more credit. There are of course exceptions, such as a company credit card where you are not liable for the payments, but you should declare these to your case officer to avoid any problems."
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    I am starting to get frustrated with these debts. We get regular letters saying "call us call us" and "you haven't contacted us"... we've sent letters, with budget plan/payment plans to all of them (more than once!!), and specifically responded by letter to some of them to point this out and reiterate our situation and how much can currently be paid. No response except "call us call us" and "you haven't contacted us"... As it is I need to contact one of the companies as they sent us a letter saying "due to circumstances we will stop interest and charges" and then they didn't!!! Next statement had interest and charges on it. When I spoke to one of them on the phone, the girl said "it doesn't matter - they're going to default Friday anyway so it's not like you'll benefit from it!" *sigh* Very frustrating....

What's the point of answering their letters, addressing them specifically, and them still returning it with "you haven't contacted us"?!?! The girl on the phone said "well, we had a few questions regarding your budget." Of course, they never mentioned it to us - I told them, if you have questions, put it in writing and SEND it to us.... she wouldn't commit to that, however.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • thestealer
    thestealer Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Citibank are a bit like that with me, they simply refuse to acknowledge any contact with them, phone or otherwise, despite me answering every call. They keep whacking on the interest and late payment charges. I think this is perhaps the down side of having a DMP managed by CCCS or similar. If I was doing this myself I would probably just stop paying them anything until they passed on the debt to a recovery company, I have to treat them "fairly" though...meanwhile the debt is now 25% bigger than it was at the start of the DMP :(
  • scouselad1974
    scouselad1974 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I hope your DMPS are running smoothly, I'm just after a bit of advice regarding my complaint to The FOS regarding Halifax.

Basically Halifax have defaulted me and passed my debt to a collection agency whilst my complaint is ongoing with The FOS. Under these circumstances do I now tell CCCS to make payments directly to the collection agency as per norm or do I stop payments and inform the collection agency that this account is in dispute ?

Thanks in advance
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
  • CharliesAngel
    CharliesAngel Posts: 435 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 5 June 2010 at 9:08PM
    Options
    ianmak wrote: »
    Found this on the PayPlan website. It seems you can get credit, but it will !!!! off the creditors no doubt, and also can be deemed fraudulent...

"We ask clients not to obtain further credit whilst in a DMP. It can be considered fraudulent to take out credit that you know can't be repaid. The debt management plan will make sure you have enough money to live on, so you shouldn't need to take out any more credit. There are of course exceptions, such as a company credit card where you are not liable for the payments, but you should declare these to your case officer to avoid any problems."

Fraudulent only if you can't pay or spend up to the max on a card with no intention or means to pay it off..

No car equals no job.. which would you prefer? Bearing in mind I've already paid £1628.18p in cash along side this.

Shouldn't have to take out credit - no you shouldn't but you don't expect your entire gearbox to go bang, have your car in a garage for three weeks and have to pay for a rental car - we're talking about a £200 limit here.. it could have been worse, could have been a bloody pay day loan.
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • the_tooth_fairy
    Options
    Fraudulent only if you can't pay or spend up to the max on a card with no intention or means to pay it off..

No car equals no job.. which would you prefer? Bearing in mind I've already paid £1628.18p in cash along side this.

Shouldn't have to take out credit - no you shouldn't but you don't expect your entire gearbox to go bang, have your car in a garage for three weeks and have to pay for a rental car - we're talking about a £200 limit here.. it could have been worse, could have been a bloody pay day loan.

Yes, I've found out recently what that's like when my washing machine went. I just asked the question earlier because I don't think I would have a snowballs chance in Hell of getting a credit card off anyone. I wondered how you did it!!
    :j:hello::hello::jDMP mutual support thread member 348
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport