DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 6)

Options

Comments

• fluffyboots
    fluffyboots Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and the WORST creditor is Capital one they are so aggressive dont speak English will not listen to you and are a nightmare.I will not deal with them now dont know if anyone else has probs with them..I owe about £4k but am only £250 in arrears..nightmare:):mad:
  • lauren123
    lauren123 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Capital one are the ones that keep calling but I cant speak to them as always during work hours, trying to decide if to call back.

Recieved my welcome pack today :j All sounds great! Very excited :j
  • CharliesAngel
    CharliesAngel Posts: 435 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    What do you do when you've done all your filing and your creditors have stopped ringing?! :rotfl: not had anything to fill my time with for the last two weeks... not dmp related anyway...

my car seems to have exploded, leaving me with a £1200 gearbox bill plus £900 labour, it must be the time of year for car trouble.. have had to resort to getting a credit card (shame on me) to cover the last 200 of it and a hire car as i cannot do without a car (need it as part of my job)... but hope to have that little bug*er paid off in two months.. just goes to show that putting a bit aside every month does come in handy!

other than that.. it's going, well.. lol

hope you're all well... keep at it and keep off the sump oil, it'll rot your teeth!

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • CharliesAngel
    CharliesAngel Posts: 435 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 2 June 2010 at 9:40PM
    Options
    lauren123 wrote: »
    I have just started my DMP and cccs have just started ringing my creditors! Ive had a couple calls and texts from two of them asking me to call them. Should I call them or wait for a letter as have heared you're suppose to do everything through post, not phone. thanks X

Hi Lauren

Glad everything is running smoothly so far with your DMP :) I would say only call them when you feel ready to.. it's often good to have that 'I'm on a DMP here's my reference number' conversation with them, but if it gets too much, or they call you at all times of the day and night then you can put it in writing to them requesting they stop ringing you - to communicate via the post only (there's a template on here somewhere).

Many creditors will just have an initial burst on trying to get money from you because they see a DMP as a negative step and just want their money back, however they don't see the long term and the fact that you're actually willing to pay all of your debts in a responsible and affordable manner.. this does improve over time so don't panic too much with all of the telephone calls.

In short, don't worry CCCS know what they're doing and they do it really well.. have a few open and frank conversations with your creditors but if it gets too much, request they write instead.

Hope this helps.

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
  • lauren123
    lauren123 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Lauren

Glad everything is running smoothly so far with your DMP :) I would say only call them when you feel ready to.. it's often good to have that 'I'm on a DMP here's my reference number' conversation with them, but if it gets too much, or they call you at all times of the day and night then you can put it in writing to them requesting they stop ringing you - to communicate via the post only (there's a template on here somewhere).

Many creditors will just have an initial burst on trying to get money from you because they see a DMP as a negative step and just want their money back, however they don't see the long term and the fact that you're actually willing to pay all of your debts in a responsible and affordable manner.. this does improve over time so don't panic too much with all of the telephone calls.

In short, don't worry CCCS know what they're doing and they do it really well.. have a few open and frank conversations with your creditors but if it gets too much, request they write instead.

Hope this helps.

CA x

Thanks very much x
  • Twit_Head
    Twit_Head Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh and the WORST creditor is Capital one they are so aggressive dont speak English will not listen to you and are a nightmare.I will not deal with them now dont know if anyone else has probs with them..I owe about £4k but am only £250 in arrears..nightmare:):mad:

Hi and welcome aboard!
    Capitol One were the worst of my creditors. Slapping on both exhorbitant interest rates and late payment charges after they had been notified of the DMP. Thankfully they defaulted me after a few months so at last I'm starting to see daylight.
    Hope you get some sense out them soon!

'Twitty'
  • Twit_Head
    Twit_Head Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What do you do when you've done all your filing and your creditors have stopped ringing?! :rotfl: not had anything to fill my time with for the last two weeks... not dmp related anyway...

my car seems to have exploded, leaving me with a £1200 gearbox bill plus £900 labour, it must be the time of year for car trouble.. have had to resort to getting a credit card (shame on me) to cover the last 200 of it and a hire car as i cannot do without a car (need it as part of my job)... but hope to have that little bug*er paid off in two months.. just goes to show that putting a bit aside every month does come in handy!

other than that.. it's going, well.. lol

hope you're all well... keep at it and keep off the sump oil, it'll rot your teeth!

CA x

Discovered sump oil tastes better when it's chilled in this weather :rotfl:

By the by how on earth did you obtain credit when on your DMP? Thought this was an absolute no no ??? Cars repairs are always such a worry-hope you get sorted soon.

'Twitty'
  • 2spicy
    2spicy Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thankyou very Bl00dy much HSBC ! ....
    Found ourself at the mercy of HSBC the other week .. bit the bullet and was 100% honest, only to be kicked to the ground and stamped on whilst we were down ..
    What Happened ?...
    Well, ash clouds and BA strikes meant we were stuck in Europe, and were unable to get home. Money was running low, and, although not critical, we were concerned about payments from our bank account.
    Called HSBC and asked them to honour the transactions that were due to come out as there was money inbound but it had not cleared. HSBC refused to answer our plea and advised we could apply for an Overdraft !..
    Spent 20 minutes on the phone knowing full well the request would be rejected (even though we have almost 2 years of responsible account keeping, and there is a healthy flow of money in and out of our account)
    So it was no suprise when the woman said "im sorry, its been declined"! .... oh well ... contact car finance, explain the situation, contact mortgage, explain the situation .. both were brilliant and said yes, we realize its exceptional circumstances, we will give you 10 days grace with no adverse effects on your credit file or interest..

HSBC then permitted the transactions to be paid, and charged us £25 for each of the 2 transactions - B'stards!

We also need to get another car as we both work, and the wife no longer cycles (job has moved a few miles). Reading about additional finance, I see that car finance is categorized as priority finance, and, if we are to continue meeting our obligations to our creditors, we need this transport. were are really concerned about attempting to apply for finance on a cheap but economical runabout (we have budget for it in the DMP) but donot want to travel half way across the country looking for a suitable vehicle only to be refused on the credit application at the final hurdle.
    We refuse to deal with "Yes" car credit. Does anyone know of any sympathetic finance companies that would look favorably on our circumstances ?
    LBM - Oct - 08 DMP Started - Feb -09
    Total Debt - £77,688 .00
    DMP Support Member - 259

• notsocannylass
    Options
    Am feeling really low - we have our first Annual Review with Payplan tomorrow morning so got out all the paper work and sorted out a new I / E form = basically we have an extra £100 going in from wages but need an extra £50 - fuel / food etc - so in real terms looking at putting an extra £50 -60 monthly into the pot. We have 18 creditors - 5 still have to accept / decline , Mint has stopped interest as has Egg but only 1 or 2 others have done likewise although 2 are catalogue debts which have been passed on so are not accruing any more!I woro0te to our all our creditors to this effect last week and we have repeatedly asked Paplan to try to get the interest reduced / frozen. We have paid in almost 31k and our debt has gone down 18 1/2 . We were informed we would likely be debt free by March 2013 - looks to be as though it will be another 5 years - not 3! Any ideas / advice please!
  • WorriedMart
    WorriedMart Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay, Hello and good luck to all the new people! I haven't been on for about a year but still battling on with this DMP, watching the figure go down.. slowly, but it is going down!!

Getting on for 3 years now and £7k paid @ 250 a month for 2 years and 200 a month for this past year... One day it will say £0!! :mad:

I must admit though, im for sure not so Worried anymore.. so need to change my name!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure