PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

Options

Comments

• jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I cleaned my very grubby garden table with Stardrops and Microfibre cloth todat and I'm amazed to say that it really got all the green gunk off. Well impressed.
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    just found a very depleted stardrops shelf in asda at handsworth, sheffield this afternoon! 58p a bottle too ;)
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • savingsgirl
    savingsgirl Posts: 8,227 Forumite
    Options
    My mum has just rung to say she has picked me up some stardrops and a pack of microfibre cloths. I am very excited as I have never used them before but was only telling her yesterday that I needed to find them as everyone on here raves about them so much!
    I have tidied the house but leaving cleaning the surfaces etc til she arrives with my goodies at 4pm.
    I know I'm sad but i cant wait!!
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • shoperholicnot
    shoperholicnot Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think its very telling that a cleaning product that was mainstream in the 70's, and that has remained practically unchanged, is one of the few cleaning products around today that is actually eco friendly. says a lot.
  • dianasnan
    dianasnan Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I put a couple of tablespoon's of stardrops in my carpet cleaner tank together with a dash of fabric conditioner in the dirty water tank and it did a really good job on my rugs. The conditioner acted as a defoamer, don't know if vinegar would work as well. Very econonmical and it worked. Smelt nice and clean too.
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Stardrops used to be in glass bottles, bit fiddly then when it got slippy round the top, glad they`re now plastic.
    val
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    i managed to get some of this today from savers 69p a bottle looks easy to use and should save me a small fortune on what i was spending on all sorts of different cleaners, just waiting for dh to get home so ican try it out
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • shopsmile
    shopsmile Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    Fizzle

Must ask - did the Stardrops get DH very clean?

:rotfl:
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Options
    Hello peeps. I got my first bottle today (69p for a big flip top bottle) and I have gone mad with it and scrubbed the bathroom, the bathroom tiles & paintwork...then I migrated out into the hallway and washed down all the woodwork...then down the stairs!

I love it. It's lovely stuff to use...bubbles up so well. I also wiped down the kitchen tops too (separate bowl of water & cloths of course!!!).

I have to know though if it got Dora the Explorer's carpet clean though after the coffee incident!

Also....I am just about to run out of washing up liquid and really don't want to have to buy anymore till the weekend...can I really use Stardrops on plates & cups/cutlery etc?? I am incredulous at that.
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • mamamia
    mamamia Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Got my first bottle for 58p at asda today, used it to clean my kitchen from top to bottom and believe me , kitchen has not been this clean for ages. I am really impressed with this wonder cleaner.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure