PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

Options

Comments

• Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes found it in Sainsburys 75p, Semi Chem and Asda 58p

Bought the Lidl microfibre cloths and Asda ones for 88p

Will try them when I get an energy burst:D
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shammyjack wrote:
    Starclen contains Ammonia not Bleach !

A very powerfull product but not dangerous, if you have sensative skin it would just make it red and a bit tender. For myself being an old " Rhino " I can use it undiluted with bare hands.

Try using instead of oven cleaner, use a spray bottle on a warm oven and then rinse-wipe after 30 minutes .

shammy

I could use it in my microwave then???
  • smokey112
    smokey112 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Bought my first bottle of Stardrops yesterday (58p Semichem) and a microfibre cloth - am going to try both out today

Ang
    x
    BCSC NO 40
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    louB wrote:
    I have been a fan of stardops for quite some time now, but I have coverted another!

My sister who's 15 has been staying with us over the holidays and has been cleaning whilst we have been at work :A and she has absolutley raved about it! She has actually told mom that she needs to get some for their house!

I might introduce her to microfibre clothes tomorrow! :D

Don't send her home, pop her in the post to me!

I bought some Stardrops yesterday in Asda, and was so inspired that when I got home I cleaned our cream coloured kitchen cupboards using them on my microfibre cloths! The dog had shaken himself and the cupboards were covered in muddy spots, being grooved they are usually a nightmare to clean, but this time it was easy! I feel like an advert now, so will stop gushing, but thanks to all for recommending Stardrops, as I'd never even heard of them before!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    You can get this at Tescos for 58p a bottle - I bought some the other day and had as much fun as you can have cleaning everything I could think of with it! Just one word of advice - a little goes a long way, if you add too much to water you get tonnes of bubbles!!! :p
  • Dora_the_Explorer_5
    Options
    I spilt coffee on my living room carpet (again) last week and have tried removing the stain with 1001, Fairy Liquid, expensive Aussie stuff from Sainsbury's, bio wash liquid and none of them have made a scrap of difference. Can't cover with a rug this time :o as it's in the wrong place. I'll be replacing the carpet next year when my back boiler and gas fire are replaced so I'm stuck until then.
    Had a brainwave this morning and have tried Stardrops :j . Now waiting for carpet to dry and stain to be vanished. Oh, and I also tried Vanish - NBG
  • tango
    tango Posts: 13,110 Forumite
    Options
    I spilt coffee on my living room carpet (again) last week and have tried removing the stain with 1001, Fairy Liquid, expensive Aussie stuff from Sainsbury's, bio wash liquid and none of them have made a scrap of difference. Can't cover with a rug this time :o as it's in the wrong place. I'll be replacing the carpet next year when my back boiler and gas fire are replaced so I'm stuck until then.
    Had a brainwave this morning and have tried Stardrops :j . Now waiting for carpet to dry and stain to be vanished. Oh, and I also tried Vanish - NBG
    Has it gone? All this talk of stardrops,i will have to buy some.
    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.
  • miss_dolly_girl
    Options
    my mam and nana used to use this....will have to get some......is it safe to use on dishes and stuff as i dont really like the sound of using this which we (inc my 13 month old) eat off?????
  • Glitterari
    Glitterari Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can anyone tell me how you would use it for upholstery?

I'm guessing you add it to hot/warm water, run onto upholstery and leave to dry?
    Proud DFW Nerd #62:wink:

Became Debt Free in Oct 2006 - uni was hard - financially!! Now need to start again.... :rolleyes2

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS :D
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have been cleaning everything in site today with mainly stardrops, conservatory panels and the floor which is like a laminate but it's real wood so you have to be careful what you use on it, it has come up a treat. Kitchen surfaces, cupboard doors, stainless steel appliances.

OH has just come in and says it smells nice and fresh. I have had the windows open all day as it's been lovely here.

Just another couple of jobs to finish off before tea, why do I start something in every room?
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport