PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stardrops..I have seen the light!

Options

Comments

• Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Can I just check - are we supposed to use this neat or diluted in water for best results?
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Got my first bottle at asda 58p, I had a job to find them as there was only a couple of bottles left hiding at the back of the shelf - you've all been out stocking up - will be giving it a go today. DD things its wonderful to have something called stardrops - not so wonderful that she was going to help!!
  • PoshPaws_3
    PoshPaws_3 Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Shez wrote:
    Can I just check - are we supposed to use this neat or diluted in water for best results?
    There are directions on the back of the bottle which will help as to whether you use them neat or dilute - and if dilute, how much.

I got my first bottle from ASDA yesterday and, so far, have only cleaned the kitchen taps with it - but it immediately got all the crusty watermarks off, that even Cillit Bang left behind.
    :hello: I'm very well, considering the state I'm in. :hello:
    Weight loss since 2 March 10 : 13lbs
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    If I can tear myself away from this site - I may get to use mine!!!
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought some too, and used it yesterday in the porch and on the front door step, just a squit diluted in a bowl of hot water. Its brilliant, everything is gleeming. I also washed some plant pots with it and they are far cleaner than just soapy water that I was using.
  • leonie_2
    leonie_2 Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I use it on my crockery. Saves having to buy a separate washing up liquid.

By the way, my mother got me mine from quick save and she said it was 30p!! :confused: I know its the right stuff as i've used it for years (although it used to be a glass bottle) Maybe they were selling it off as she said there were only two bottles on the shelf?
  • aimeelister
    Options
    After everyone raved about it i though that many people cant be wrong, and your not!! (i bought some from wilcos yesterday and some microfibre cloths too!)

Cleaned windows and kitchen and hob and conservatory and then i got told to stop by the oh as i was annoying him doing too much cleaning, but it was so easy!

Our housemate came in and we went to cook a curry last night and i had cleaned the hob, it was so sparkling that he thought i had switched the light on under the extractor fan as the light was reflecting from the shiney hob!!!
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    oooh - what sparkly taps I have!
    And shiny door handles - it looks like an advert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Used it to so all the worktops, paintwork, cleaned the oven a treat and did the floor!!
    Oh and instead of using that power fairy on a manky baking tin - I used stardrops - guess who won't be buying power fairy (oh well I only bought it for xmas time anyway!).
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Does anyone know if this stuff can be used in a dishwasher instead of tablets? I then only have to buy one cleaner ever!!!!!!!!
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gonna buy some today and after all the praise it's been give here do you think I should get two bottles while I'm at it:D
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family