Selling Books on Green Metropolis Discussion (Merged)

Options

Comments

• ayla261
    ayla261 Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    well i bought a bulk lot of 1800+ books from ebay for £45, so took evey one i thought the twins would like, then every thing i thought i might want to read, then something for virtually every member of the family and i was still left with tons, so i sell some at boot fair, donate more on freecycle and the rest stay racked up downstairs ready to send if they sell on greenmetropolis (or if a need a handy read)
    I've found it a brilliant site and regularly buy & sell on there however...
    :mad: with royal mails new pricing structure a book that last week cost only 70p to send today was £1.39, was not impressed
    yes i do add extra postage but only if i feel the book warrants it, i also reduce the price of all textbooks/study aids and childrens books by a £1.00 as I think they should be readily available at a price everyone can afford
    This time next year Rodney... :D
  • deaththecat
    Options
    Thanks for a great recommendation!
    I've already been and listed some.....unfortunately, I've also spotted at least a dozen I want to buy, so much for money-making!

;)

If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

:D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I listed a few more yesterday even though I've only ever sold 2 on GM over the past year. I just assume that my listed books are not at the top of the list yet, and of course until they get to the 'oldest' 2 copies they can't be seen and so can't be bought. Hopefully though I'm stacking up sales for the future!

Well, that's my cunning plan anyway...
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • smartie1976
    Options
    Sorry for the bump, but I read this thread and thought it was a good idea.
    I sourced some books (got them all for free, mostly educational text books) and on my first day of listing, after 3 hours one sold.

Very pleased.
    I'm hoping that this could turn out to earn me a bit of cash. :)

So I'd just like to thank the OP for starting this thread, and making me aware of GM.
    It's BOUGHT (to Buy), not BROUGHT (to bring) AND you cannot be frauded, only DEfrauded.

Please do not buy animals from a pet store. Visit your local sanctuary or centre and give a good home to an unloved or abandoned animal.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sold one on Tuesday, my first a month, but every little helps! You just have to wait for your copy to get to the head of the list.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ruthiejane
    Options
    :j I sold a book yesterday too! :j
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • ayla261
    Options
    It's really good to know I've raised awareness of the site, they are now able to dontate (to the woodland trust) more than double the amount they were giving last year :T
  • katchambers
    Options
    I have sold 3 books this month already which is great! :T

I just checked and I now have 286 books listed! I have been selling books since May and have now sold a total of 9 books and have £40 stashed into my account, I think I will also keep it in there and use it to buy christmas presents.

I think I will use this site to buy some pressies too!
    My darling boy born December 2011

• ayla261
    ayla261 Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    It's made me do something I've wished for for ages, OH has altered our boring utility room into a fabulous library where I can easily access any that sell or any I fancy re reading, it's the best thing he's ever done for me
  • miss_angie1
    Options
    YAY!!!! I have just sold my first book on Green Metropolis - The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. My books have been listed on there for a few months so it looks like my titles are slowly moving up queue.

The only bad thing about Green Metropolis is the temptation to buy more books as they are such a great deal. But I must stay focused as DFD is getting ever closer!!
    My mantra is "Never pay full price!" ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport