Lionbridge

Options

Comments

• KRDmum
    KRDmum Posts: 555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kt321 wrote: »
    I've been working for 3 weeks too, and there is always enough work when I log in. All I did was the initial training & exam, then when I logged in read all the documents. But no coursework.

Hi Kt321, just wondering if you still doing the side by side judge and what you can tell me about it? Thank you!
  • onefootmotu
    onefootmotu Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    KRDmum are you still working towards being a side by side judge? I tool the final exam for that last week so just waiting to see if have passed now.
  • KRDmum
    Options
    Hi onefootmoto, I have withdrawn my application yesterday after having done all training, I just couldn't get it right during practice. I only did that for a couple of hours and I realised that i will get bored of doing that pretty quickly. I spent whole day on training and to behonest, I don't regret that but I jut think that side by side is not for me. How did you find it all? Good luck, hope you hear good news soon!
  • onefootmotu
    onefootmotu Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. I passed the exam so start for real on Monday :) I don't mind the nature of the work so hope it fits in my life easily.

Hope you find another job you like the sound of. Good Luck!
  • KRDmum
    Options
    Thank you! And good luck to you too, hope you enjoy it!

Just out of the curiosity, what the the exam was like?
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I've been offered to work on SideBySide with Lionbridge. Having looked over the material it seems very similar to the Appen rating matrix when rating individual pages - is that the case? (I used to work in Freshness) If so I might give it a go.
  • busybusybusy_2
    Options
    Hi all, the exam is basically just like the training from what I remember. I passed a few months back but for various reasons have just started work recently. I have a question regarding the time log - it says the time I've spent on tasks is 0.75 for example, is this 75 minutes or .75 of an hour (like 75% of an hour) so I've worked .45 minutes? It doesn't seem clear and I'm trying to work out how many hours/minutes I'm doing on a daily basis to make sure I get my minimum time in! I've tried timing myself but I keep stopping and starting at the moment which doesn't help.
  • busybusybusy_2
    Options
    on a side note how charming to have everyone alerted to my "newbie" status! :think: I have actually been on the forum for a few years but fail to remember my login/password/email combination. However I have no issue with the "be especially nice" notice. As you were! :grin:
  • htt264
    Options
    Hi guys, i applied for Internet Assessor position , i receive mail saying that
    "- The exam material and guidelines will be sent to your Gmail Account once the exam is created on 31/03/2015 at approx. 9.00am PDT - The exam will expire on 07/04/2014." .
    But yesterday i receive mail saying not about exam info
    but "Following a recent review on IP checks the customer has not permitted entry into exam at this time".

Can you help me ? I am very much interested in working with Lionbride.
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey,
    This will normally mean one of a few things.

You are currently working for a competitor (leapforce,appen) or are in process of applying for one.

You are applying from the same IP as someone already working for them (or a competitor)

You are not in the correct country for your applied market.

It may be an error, if so query it with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure