Lionbridge

Options

Comments

• LionStarter
    Options
    Hi, does anyone do the Ads Assessor role? I just passed and in the email it is saying they expect you to complete 100 per hour? How do they monitor this and if you can't keep up do they fire you?
    Doing one ever 45 seconds or so does not seem feasible, especially if you are expected to keep up any kind of accuracy. Loading the page, reading it, researching whatever it is and judging the authority of the page as well as submitting the judgement in 45 seconds seems impossible. Is the speed you work deemed more important than the quality, because going at that rate seems like the only way to keep up will be to guess the ratings more than judge them and hope for the best.

Any advice from people who have done this job greatly appreciated.
  • boypacer
    boypacer Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm applying at the moment and have had to agree to a disclaimer about adult content. Has anyone working for them regularly had to work with adult content? (Don't tell me, perk of the job!) I don't want to be downloading anything really dodgy though.
  • Kelxx
    Kelxx Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    boypacer wrote: »
    I'm applying at the moment and have had to agree to a disclaimer about adult content. Has anyone working for them regularly had to work with adult content? (Don't tell me, perk of the job!) I don't want to be downloading anything really dodgy though.

I been working a couple of weeks (although not much as the work hasn't been available for much of that time) I've come across one site that was really tame mainstream stuff. I really wouldn't worry about it, you report anything !!!!!! & you are told what is illegal & what to do if you encounter it. :)
    :heart:***I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YNAB***:heart:

• geministar2008
    Options
    Im debating whether to apply to lionbridge or leap force...whats the difference? Is there a preference? Can you work for both?
  • Catwoman1975
    Catwoman1975 Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Im debating whether to apply to lionbridge or leap force...whats the difference? Is there a preference? Can you work for both?

No you cant work for both or Appen either. Appen has more regular hours, 20 a week minimum, but you have to work 4 hours a day Mon-Fri. LB and LF are less regular, but more flexible. I prefer the flexibility of LF, but its a side job, not my main one, so it suits me.
  • geministar2008
    Options
    Thanks again cat woman does appen pay ok for 20 hours. I must admit seems more of you are working with lb and lf. Xx
  • geministar2008
    Options
    What is the correct appen link?
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the correct appen link?

Hi. :)

If you're looking for a link to apply for the WSE role, I think this is the current one.

Feel free to join us on the Appen thread here to ask any questions.
  • sm1it
    sm1it Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    does anyone have any experience of the Side by Side Judge with LionBridge? I'm doing the training now and it all seems very subjective!! I haven't seen anywhere where it says how many per hour you are supposed to achieve ....there seems to be an awful lot of things to check in order to make a judgement.
    Any experienced workers comments would be appreciated. =)
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm already self employed but my health isn't so good so I'm thinking of cutting my hours which I can't really afford to do. I'm looking at a way of this as a way of keeping my income.

There are currently five different roles on the website. I was just wondering which was the best to apply for with the aim of getting as much work as I can?
    Here I go again on my own....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport