Lionbridge

Options

Comments

• daz501
    daz501 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, it's been 5 years since i had this job!

I still remember doing the work clearly. I know I could do this again but why on EARTH they do not rehire is beyond me.

Some aspects of the job were indeed amateurish and frustrating. It wouldn't take much to streamline their effectiveness if they really sorted it out. Availability of tasks were a bit of a pain, not to mention i could not get my head around the "side by side" tasks for which answers/support was none existent.
  • gavvy
    gavvy Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I was invited to do the test, did 100 queries and was asked to do some more, was halfway through doing them last night, today they have disappeared, does this mean i failed?

Such a shame if i have!
  • margaretkb
    margaretkb Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Can anyone help? I applied weeks ago to work with Lionbridge, and set up a windows live account on outlook as requested. I didn't hear anything but have today received emails (in the outlook account) from Lionbridge saying they kept receiving failed delivery reports and asking me to create a windows live account - isn't this what I'm using??...
  • garage
    garage Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    margaretkb wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone help? I applied weeks ago to work with Lionbridge, and set up a windows live account on outlook as requested. I didn't hear anything but have today received emails (in the outlook account) from Lionbridge saying they kept receiving failed delivery reports and asking me to create a windows live account - isn't this what I'm using??...

Margaret i receive my emails in my hotmail account
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • fadingstars
    Options
    Hello! Hope someone can help. I've recently been accepted to be part of lionbridge, received my welcome emails to get onto the web entry system, only probably when i try to do a hitapp it doesn't loan a submit button! I've tried in IE, Firefox and Chrome and no luck :(. Can anyone shed any light please? I've emailed them, but had no response
  • purple81_2
    purple81_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

I applied recently & after agreeing to the terms & conditions etc have just recieved an email saying I was successful and giving me my user id etc.

Have just created my username, password and bank details. I see other people mentioned a test but I didnt have to do one, will I have to?

I applied for the crowd sourcing position. Does anyone know what sort of tasks I will actually be doing? Also, do they email when tasks are available or do I have to log-in regularly to check my vendor account?

I'm a totally newbie when it comes to this so all advice is welcome :)
    Total Debt £14,000 :eek:

CCCS finally contacted for DMP Nov 2010, time to move towards being debt free :D
  • July9410
    Options
    I'm a US citizen living in argentina and would like to know if they will deposit my paycheck in my bank account in the US...does anyone have any experience with this? Would I have to declare taxes in the US or here in argentina?
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    July9410 wrote: »
    I'm a US citizen living in argentina and would like to know if they will deposit my paycheck in my bank account in the US...does anyone have any experience with this? Would I have to declare taxes in the US or here in argentina?

This is a UK forum so this isn't the ideal place for a question like this but..

Almost all the LB projects require 5 years residency in the country you're rating for.

In simple terms you can't rate US tasks if you're based in Argentina and you can't rate Argentinian tasks unless you've been resident for 5 years.

If you fulfil the latter, they will almost certainly have issues with paying into a US bank account.
  • ceanth
    ceanth Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

is working for Lionbridge a taxable income?

Is it actually classified as a job? Do they become your employer?

The reason why I ask is I am currently not working due to an illness. I cannot work more then 16 hours a week and earn more then £99.50 a week otherwise I will loose the benefits I am claiming.

I came across Lionbridge and seems like a great way of earning some extra cash but I guess if its a proper job I would need to let the job center know.

Thanks,
  • Toxicity
    Toxicity Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    They do not become your employer, you have to register as self-employed and sort your own tax out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure