We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lionbridge

Options

Comments

• AzimScot wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful applying the 2nd time or more? I heard you can only apply once and if your rejected its like forever!

I have heard the same thing. Surely such jobs do require remote computer monitoring, however, which sounds more like "big brother contracting" than "freelance contracting".
  • daz501
    daz501 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was rejected the second time
  • SBOSlayer
    Options
    Unfortunately I just got an unsuccessful application back :( I was extremely interested in this job and having to work from home due to heavy university hours.

Don't suppose anyone know what's their criteria is?

I did my research on the site before applying and I have HND/Degree in computing with several other high level computer qualifications. So i'm not entirely sure why.

They said that they could not provide feedback which I found rather disappointing.
  • Bumma
    Bumma Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else having problems with downloading LionBridge Rater Toolbar? I've passed the assessment but the toolbar won't download into Firefox for me. I've emailed them several times and sent screenshots of the problem but havn't had much help. I'm no computer illiterate either and usually know how to solve IT issues but not this - just get constant messages telling me the file is "corrupt" To be honest if everything with them is this much hassle then I'm wondering if doing work for them is worth it...
    "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"
    Spike Milligan
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't have problems, I can only assume the latest update is a bad file. You might be better off asking in this thread, it gets a lot more views:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2979260&page=106
  • TheUmpteenth
    Options
    So they do pay then? It's not some elaborate scam?
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hey umpteenth yes they pay and are completely legit, in fact they pay extremely well. Your best bet is to read some of the thread I linked above your post, it has a lot more info on them.
  • fluffig
    fluffig Posts: 439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, i didn't pass the pre-screen test, but would like to comment.

They bang on about what country your in and the importance placed on this to fitting the work suitably.

So why the hell was my test based on US things?

Well said. I passed their tests and they gave me a job. Silly me expecting it to be about UK topics / geography etc. It was all USA topics and geography - and not much of that. I resigned on that basis.

They did pay me though. It's not a scam.
  • TheUmpteenth
    TheUmpteenth Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 March 2013 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Hi folks,
    I know there's not much we can say on here. I just got the job. Is there a particular time of day to look for new tasks? I never seem to have any available.
    Cheers
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was told I was invited to sit the exam or a Lionbridge role and that someone would be in touch on the 8th March with further info..... but I haven't heard anything.

I've replied to the email, but no reply, and when I log in all there is is the T&C's that I accepted.

Any advice? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport