PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

To those selling in these difficult times Part Deux. AKA sellers support network!

Options

Comments

• karen310
    karen310 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well had 2 EA round on Saturday morning , was unsure which one to go with so chose the one with the lowest fees , have dropped 15k so I hope to god this gets me some interest , nothing is moving around here at all. I am downsizing when I eventualy move , but at this rate I will be lucky to buy a shed. Have spent entire weekend in the garden tarting it up and now onto the house ready for the new lot of photos.
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 May 2009 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Well both viewings done and dusted.
    First ones I dont think wont be a goer. Second ones, not sure, asked a million questions! Seemed to like it were here a good 3/4 of an hour. But been looking for about 4 years, and must be the most indeciesive people ever!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    Options
    karen310 wrote: »
    Well had 2 EA round on Saturday morning , was unsure which one to go with so chose the one with the lowest fees , have dropped 15k so I hope to god this gets me some interest , nothing is moving around here at all. I am downsizing when I eventualy move , but at this rate I will be lucky to buy a shed. Have spent entire weekend in the garden tarting it up and now onto the house ready for the new lot of photos.

Whereabouts in Merseyside are you Karen?

We're in Prenton and we're finally seeing houses moving locally, not the small FTB properties tbh, but the larger family homes are moving really quickly.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • thifty
    thifty Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    Options
    good luck pawpurrs.
    Sent the kids away today to mil so we could get some real work done without someone wanting to "help". Have done loads and house looks lovely and smells lovely too, not that it was a poo hole before! Anthea could come and do her white glove test anywhere! wonder how long I will have to keep my house this clean and tidy? Hope its not too long, two small kids and an ocd type cleaning style do not go i think!
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member ?Number 2013 challenge = to complete rest of millenium sampler.
  • thifty
    Options
    Also thanks to those who don't think I am a tyre kicker! Have another dilemma: my best friend and I are both about to go on market. I am more organised so will be on first but she 5 months pregnant and therefore more desperate to move. She is a bit unrealistic about prices so dont think she will put on at realistic price. Reason why I'm going on is that we both like the same house:eek: I am dreading it! The house we love is 5 minutes walking distance from my sons new school, has a lovely garden which is an important thing to me and the rest of the house ticks all the boxes. I keep looking on right move and still like this one the most. I know that logically if we dont get it then another will come along, just hope she doesn't get it first!
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member ?Number 2013 challenge = to complete rest of millenium sampler.
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck on getting a reasonably quick sale Thrifty. Being realistic on the price gives you a head start.
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good Luck to those awaiting feedback and hopefully offers today, I wonder if the people who came yesterday are going to offer. They did ask a million questions, which makes me wonder if they were really interested.
    Who knows? They seemed quite keen, although no comments were made about the house.
    They asked what was staying, what the neighbours were like, council tax band, what the village was like, about the central heating, what work we had done to the property, about the road, parking, listing status and what it meant, what we were leaving, curtains, how long we had been here, what our timescales were, how much interest we had had, and it goes on. If they are not interested, they they are very nosy!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • thifty
    Options
    sounds like they were very interested to me pawpurrs! fingers crossed.
    We went to view our 3rd last sat and it was a bit embarassing as we couldn't think of anything to ask! As soon as I saw the tiny sloping garden then i knew i didn't want it but with our fave one we asked loads and seemed to be there quite a while but then the vendors were chatty and this other bloke hardly said anything. The house felt strange and unloved and he seemed really despondant. My friend who lives round the corner told me that they are now divorced but i knew this before i went round so am obviously expecting it to feel funny- wait for all the comments I get from men about not to go by your feelings when looking for property:eek::rotfl:
  • 4Chickens
    4Chickens Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm am back from a really boring weekend. Can't do anymore packing until Thursday, the day before we move. Luckily I am only in work today and tomorrow.
    I have caught up on the lastest on this post and my heart sinks to see the struggles some of you are facing. I was on the market for 7 months before we got an offer and luckily that is the offer that we are completing on Friday.
    I was reluctant to chase EA, surveyor and solicitors but you MUST because we should have completed on Friday 22 May. I feel like we have wasted a lovely bank holiday weekend.
    Good luck to all of you and keep plugging away. I shall drop in from time to time to see how you are all doing.

BTW Did you know you need planning permission for a drop kerb? !!!!!!, suppose it keeps some jobsworth in a job though
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Feedback from viewers, they want to come back for a second viewing some time later in the week (not booked in) and she was faffing about some piece of wallpaper that was falling off (only thing in the house, need to redo the ceiling really) !!!!!! she is a nightmare buyer, can just imagine when she gets a survey done, the house is 1400 !!!!!!! Says she finds it hard to commit to buying, you dont say, she has been looking for 4 years! Nightmare buyer!
    I have another viewing this afternoon from a buyer from a private ad that I put up, so thats good! ;)
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport