PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

To those selling in these difficult times Part Deux. AKA sellers support network!

Options

Comments

• thifty
    thifty Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    Options
    now i've re-read that it does sound as if I've taken the hump dithering Dad! sorry. I'm sure you can tell how naive i am about buying and selling. This house was our first purchase so not had much experience. Am just excited but am sure that i will quickly become jaded and disillusioned!
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member ?Number 2013 challenge = to complete rest of millenium sampler.
  • thifty
    Options
    btw what is a tyre kicker? someone who looks for fault in a property to reduce the price?
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member ?Number 2013 challenge = to complete rest of millenium sampler.
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thifty wrote: »
    btw what is a tyre kicker? someone who looks for fault in a property to reduce the price?
    No someone who just comes to nose around and doesn't want to buy.
  • thifty
    Options
    have they got such sad lives that they want to waste their weekends doing that? how sad!
  • oneeye1
    oneeye1 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    No someone who just comes to nose around and doesn't want to buy.
    no a tyre kicker is someone who looks at a house that is up for sale even though they are not in a position to proceed even if they wanted to
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    oneeye1 wrote: »
    no a tyre kicker is someone who looks at a house that is up for sale even though they are not in a position to proceed even if they wanted to
    This explains the original definition. The one I was referring to was 3. This is where the saying comes from and it is just translated to house sales. Quite clearly don't understand but given your lack of comprehension of the English language I'll forgive you.
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oneeye1 wrote: »

Oh Belt up! Todays tyre kicker, could be tomorrows buyer.
    Its up to each vendor if they want to have non procedable buyers round. I sold my last house to someone who when they came for their viewing, were not even on the market, they put it on the day after, and we had tied up a deal by the end of the week. You never know!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Is oneeye even selling? Why come on here except to post "useful" comments?
  • hookbeak
    hookbeak Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    The house i'm going to be putting an offer in on this week is one i saw when mine had just gone on the market. Indeed the one i really wanted which sold a couple of weeks ago was one i looked at before mine even was listed on Right Move.

Frankly i think you should lok at some, i had absolutely no idea what i could get for the money i have until i went and looked around a few.

"Tyrekickers" = potential buyers.
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It should be pointed out, that there are Tyrekickers and there are Tyrekickers, Some have every intention of moving and others do just view houses because they like to be nosy, which although annoying, you just cant tell who will buy. Some who go with no intention have even be know to fall in love with a property and go on to purchase.
    Talking of which I have some Tyrekickers coming in a minute...not on the market, but who knows :confused:

Hookbeek you were right the film was rubbish the first one was better.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport