has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• baronne
    baronne Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had dealings with this so called Kerobo Claims LTD on a no win no fee in 2009 and sent them a cheque for £454.25 and after all this time have been told by the solicitors that they apparently used i have no case, and to get back in touch with Kerobo for my money back, which i did and what do you no they've gone into liquidation and now i dont no what to do, has anyone got any ideas..:mad:

Sorry to hear about that... Unfortunately I reckon you'll be fighting a losing battle. It took me ages to get my money out of them and ended up sending a small claims case against them. One of those life lessons I learnt - NEVER to trust these companies ever again.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    what do you no they've gone into liquidation and now i dont no what to do, has anyone got any ideas..

You are now a creditor to a firm that owes money and has virtually no assets. So, you are probably never going to see the money again I'm afraid.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    I am sure that directors have houses, cars etc. This is where the law should be allowed to use personal assets to pay back creditors as the money seems to have been gained illegally in the first instance from some of these fraudulent firms.
  • ipvaid
    ipvaid Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    wow..quite old thread but useful. I just had a call from them and they wanted £359 upfront. I told them, I will do research and come back if need be but guy was insisting, so will be calling back. But one thing I am not sure is, how they have so much Database about a person, I never told them earlier how many CC i have but they already knew including my limit as well. Is there a way I can tell them to remove this information and not contact me again ?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow..quite old thread but useful. I just had a call from them and they wanted £359 upfront.

Kerobo were shut down and went into administration. So, you cant have just had a call from them.
    But one thing I am not sure is, how they have so much Database about a person, I never told them earlier how many CC i have but they already knew including my limit as well.

Some claims companies have your data in breach of the data protection act. (ex employees taking things they shouldnt have. Or they have bought scam lists which give your details). Other than your most obvious details (name, address, date of birth) there isnt much else that is in the public domain about you. it is possible they have run a credit check on you. That would also be a data protection breach but it would show your limits.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Declaration_2
    Declaration_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I remember reading that Kerobo got their licence back from the MOJ, but it only allowed them to deal with existing customers and they weren't allowed to take on any new business.

They were and absolutely dreadful outfit.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just checked the MOJ register. They are STILL not authorised.

IVPAID could you please report the matter to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk
  • swanseagirl29
    Options
    Don't know if this helps but

Darren Bott
    Is a Shadow Director at
    Consortnium Technology
    Basement
    Adelade St
    Swansea
    S Wales

works there every day - parks car around back in car park. Lives in Swansea. Girlfriend works at estate agent on the Marina in Swansea. Darren is 6ft 4" short blonde hair, blue eyes and slim build.also involved with prospect data, debts made simple, MMS, Money made simple, Allied Union and a few more besides - all run from same place in Adelade St. Works with Ricky and Josh - pakistani boys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure