Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Double1
    Options
    Hello,
    I have loaded the dongle onto my laptop (also tried onto my desktop like someone suggested) and I also cannot find the file ZTE.zip. I have performed a search of my computer for the file but with no success! I found lots of files can ZTE(something).(something) but no zip file to unzip! Can someone please tell me where this file would be located? If I cant find the file, is it an important step in the unlocking process or could I just go ahead and flash the dongle? Thanks.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Double1 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have loaded the dongle onto my laptop (also tried onto my desktop like someone suggested) and I also cannot find the file ZTE.zip. I have performed a search of my computer for the file but with no success! I found lots of files can ZTE(something).(something) but no zip file to unzip!

Can you find a .rar file?

Can someone please tell me where this file would be located?

Wherever you chose to save when you downloaded.

If I cant find the file, is it an important step in the unlocking process or could I just go ahead and flash the dongle?

How could you flash the dongle without using the file?
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • primulissima0
    primulissima0 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2009 at 10:40AM
    Options
    Hi guys! I use this key on my laptop with Telstra Connection Manager and Windows Vista..I have a problem that i'm not able to resolve. Everytime i connect to internet, it appeares the window of the Network Settings and it asks me to choose the name of network and the type(Private or Public)...and this happens every time i disconnect and re-connect..It happens only with Vista...Anyone has observed this problem? How can i resolve it? Thanks a lot!!

p.s.: another question.. Instead of Telstra Connection Manager i installed and used Globe Visibility Connection Manager,which is the software loaded on the key after unlocking and which autoruns everytime i connect my zte key to usb port. The two softwares are similar..So why does the guide suggest to use and install Telstra Connection Manager?
  • primulissima0
    Options
    Donnie wrote: »
    Choose Private or Public?[/URL]

yes...i choose private
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    If you do so, you may need to adjust the Windows Firewall settings to prevent being asked every time.

Any reason why you are choosing Private?
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Double1 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have loaded the dongle onto my laptop (also tried onto my desktop like someone suggested) and I also cannot find the file ZTE.zip...
    Sorry but it's not clear from your post, have you downloaded the files required to flash it from
    http://rapidshare.com/files/235523732/ZTE2.rar.html

Once you have downloaded them (preferably to desktop as it's easier to locate them) you need to look for a file called ZTE2.rar, this is the file you need to unzip.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • ess0two
    ess0two Posts: 3,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    These iphone sims are fetching a large price on ebay,£20+ at the mo.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
  • primulissima0
    primulissima0 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2009 at 8:09PM
    Options
    Donnie wrote: »
    If you do so, you may need to adjust the Windows Firewall settings to prevent being asked every time.

Any reason why you are choosing Private?

I disabled the firewall, but the problem still remains...How can i do?What are the different between Telstra Connection Manager and Globe Visibility Connection Manager, which is loaded on the key after unlocking?
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    any other cheap or free dongles around?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport