Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Options

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    If you assume it is, why are you bothering us? Get on with it and give us your report if you wish.
  • tobycgraham
    Options
    Hi, if I unlock the dongle on my xp pc, will I be able to use it on my vista laptop ? thanks
  • Donnie
    Options
    Yes, you will.
  • Megalomaniac
    Options
    Donnie wrote: »
    If you assume it is, why are you bothering us? Get on with it and give us your report if you wish.

Well thank you for your kind and considered answer there! :beer: I'll give it a go (once I have received the dongle and sim) and will let you know if it works. I just wanted to know if it was possible rather than me fighting something which may not work...
  • urbanmac
    urbanmac Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dongle arrived :)

Can I activate an 02 SIM from their website as I cant find a page to do it from.
  • urbanmac
    Options
    urbanmac wrote: »
    Dongle arrived :)

Can I activate an 02 SIM from their website as I cant find a page to do it from.

Ok, got it sorted.

So I've:
    1. Flashed the Dongle
    2. Activated the SIM and added £10
    3. Installed the Telstra Connection Manager and set the APN etc.

So why do I just get a GPRS signal no UTMS (3G) signal at all, have tried two different locations (both a bit rural but 25 miles apart)

Any ideas?
  • Donnie
    Options
    Maybe you can ask O2 on 0161 705 5000(outside office hours) or 08705 678 678.
  • urbanmac
    Options
    Sorted :beer:
  • dunfyboy
    Options
    I got one of these dongles last week and finally got round to wiring it up to my laptop tonight. I thought I would only be able to access 3's site to top up the sim, but I'm able to access all sites. I've not put any credit on the sim and 3 don't have my card details so how is this possible?

Any ideas?
  • Gavin57
    Gavin57 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    dunfyboy wrote: »
    I got one of these dongles last week and finally got round to wiring it up to my laptop tonight. I thought I would only be able to access 3's site to top up the sim, but I'm able to access all sites. I've not put any credit on the sim and 3 don't have my card details so how is this possible?

Any ideas?

If I can remember correctly when I got dongle there was a certain amount of free credit given when you registered dongle with 3. Think it was 1Gb download with no expiry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure