How to look rich while actually being skint!

Comments

• mostwantd
    mostwantd Posts: 367 Forumite
    If you can't make it FAKE It. ( now that can be used in many contents :rotfl:)

Ebay is FAKELAND! especially if items are dropped shipped from china or anywhere far east .You can buy "Replicas" or Authentic Clothes at good prices
    And still look good.

Remember though its not the designer clothes that make you look good its how you wear them and carry yourself!! :T

Most of the richest people dress down to avoid unwanted attention.
    тнє ѕє¢яєт тσ ¢яєαтινιту ιѕ кησωιηg нσω тσ нι∂є уσυя ѕσυя¢єѕ
  • BlondeHeadOn
    BlondeHeadOn Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Set up a homemade tent in your garden, then drop 'spent last week enjoying our private yurt' into conversation.

Is this 'yurt' as in big white shiney thing that sails on the water...?....?...
  • Originally posted by BlondeHeadOn
    Is this 'yurt' as in big white shiney thing that sails on the water...?....?...

That would be the one. Yurt = Asian nomad's tent. Therein lies the deception. It works better when spoken. I'll get my coat.
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions. A.A. Latimer :eek:
    Debt Jan 06: £103,000
    Current: £99,000
    Debt-free date: 2465 (give or take a century)
    Current homemade banana bread status: 2 slices left
    Current statement/letter stack: 8.6 inches
    The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money
    :D
  • BlondeHeadOn
    BlondeHeadOn Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Durrr - I've having a lot of blonde moments today, this must be one of them!! Must be because it's Friday......
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I used to live in Henley, and all the really loaded people there used to walk around in green wellies and smelly tweed jackets all the time. So to look really loaded (as in 'old money') I think I have to dig out my old gardening wellies and an ex-Oxfam tweed jacket, tweed-y skirt, headscarf - you get the picture. No make-up, hair scraped back - hey, this is a really cheap look to acheive!

I think I'd sooner wear jeans and a clean t-shirt though......

I have lived in Henley for nine years and have never seen anyone walking around town looking like that! You're all just fuelling your own prejudices against the upper classes, when this thread was actually about people who are loaded, which includes the likes of Wayne Rooney, who most certainly is not upper class!

Or did you mean in-Arden rather than on-Thames???
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Dunno about In-Arden but the -on-Thames certainly does have welly people :) At least one chap I went on a few dates with "who's parents were well to do wot wot" was a bit like that... not saying he turned up for dinner looking like it but I've seen his dad poodling round the antique shop in similar attire... wanted a little something for the missus... £2000 later and a deadly horrid ornament was apparently the result :) All I can say is that a lot of people I knwo who have money don't always have the uhmmmm same taste :) as me :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • KatrinaC_2
    KatrinaC_2 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Get your OH to dress up in a chauffeurs uniform and get him/her to drive you around whilst you recline in the back seat (I suspect this won't work with a rust ridden 20 year old VW Polo though...)

Kat
  • mostwantd
    mostwantd Posts: 367 Forumite
    this thread is just getting funnier!
    тнє ѕє¢яєт тσ ¢яєαтινιту ιѕ кησωιηg нσω тσ нι∂є уσυя ѕσυя¢єѕ
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    tine wrote:
    Dunno about In-Arden but the -on-Thames certainly does have welly people :)

Perhaps they all hide when they see me coming?

"Quick darling, duck behind here! It's the awful skint woman coming down the road!"

:rotfl:
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • skintchick wrote:
    Perhaps they all hide when they see me coming?

"Quick darling, duck behind here! It's the awful skint woman coming down the road!"

:rotfl:

very funny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family