We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Competitions Discussion Thread Part 10

Options

Comments

• happypig
    happypig Posts: 2,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They do it every year - they're part of a big catalogue company - JD Williams, so the comp runs across the whole group. Iirc I think they credit score you and sign you up for an account if you enter :)

Oh cool, safe to post then? Cheers, Cheeky!
  • Cheeky_Chicken
    Cheeky_Chicken Posts: 5,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    happypig wrote: »
    Oh cool, safe to post then? Cheers, Cheeky!
    Well, only if you put a big warning about the credit check - I wouldn't post it personally :confused: Also you'll have to try a few different searches to make sure it's not on already under one of the other catalogue names :)
    Al Mac Appreciation Society (AMAS) member # 6½
    This Will Be Mine 2009 Member #5 I just want to win a new iPod please
    Member of the missing kipper club
  • happypig
    happypig Posts: 2,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, only if you put a big warning about the credit check - I wouldn't post it personally :confused: Also you'll have to try a few different searches to make sure it's not on already under one of the other catalogue names :)

Eek, I went back and added the credit check warning. Not mentioned in the comp T&Cs, so probably hidden in the account sign up. I searched "simplybe" and "000" (from £30,000) and couldn't see it posted.

Thanks!
  • calash
    calash Posts: 3,566 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Hi, just wondered were there no sunday express comps this week, strange....
  • Helpmesave
    Helpmesave Posts: 1,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    calash wrote: »
    Hi, just wondered were there no sunday express comps this week, strange....

Yes, fusty's done the 'Win Various Prizes' one in the Postal Thread :)
  • Mar.cresham
    Mar.cresham Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    Options
    Was just wondering as anyone any tips on how to deal/cope with the weekly/monthly comps????

Is it best just to pick a day and do all the ones you want in them??
    09 Wins= 5 Rugby balls, 3 Football. A cricket ball. 6 Books. A subway, A T.Shirt, 2 Durex Goody Bags, Beyonce tickets X 7 SETS A Magnum card. 2 glamour wins. Coffee, Jewellery. Moble Phone
    :A
    Be nice and hit Thanks
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Options
    Was just wondering as anyone any tips on how to deal/cope with the weekly/monthly comps????

Is it best just to pick a day and do all the ones you want in them??

I just do weeklies once a week & monthlies I work my way through if I get time. A lot of monthlies are also posted on the main board too so you need to be careful not to duplicate entries & disqualify yourself
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • Mar.cresham
    Mar.cresham Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    Options
    Ah thats great thank you. Think il just stick with the main ones then and weeklys.

Thanks again
    09 Wins= 5 Rugby balls, 3 Football. A cricket ball. 6 Books. A subway, A T.Shirt, 2 Durex Goody Bags, Beyonce tickets X 7 SETS A Magnum card. 2 glamour wins. Coffee, Jewellery. Moble Phone
    :A
    Be nice and hit Thanks
  • lisajp23
    Options
    Hi im new to the site. Been done compertitions for a couple of years now, weekly mags, tv comps, online you name it and still haven't won a sausage! Can any one offer any advice please the best places to enter comps and how offen. Many thanks for any replies :o
  • Gilla_2
    Gilla_2 Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Lisa

Best place for this sort of query would be the chatty threads at the top of the board. You'd get more info.

The only help I can offer is to do more. To win comps you need lots of luck and perseverance. The normal comper on the board enters hundreds, if not thousands, each week. It still takes luck to be one of the winners even so.

Best of luck for the future.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot
    :hello: Good Luck everyone !:hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business