We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Competitions Discussion Thread Part 10

Options

Comments

• millymollymandy2K7
    Options
    Lakshmi7 wrote: »
    I've just checked the terms and conditions, and they are not restricting entrants to the listening area, so at least that's something.

I'm just going to enter them through TayFM (my local station) from now on anyway if they are limiting the entries, Makes it easier for me to keep track. :rolleyes:
  • norfolk_bet
    norfolk_bet Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    hi guys. first time posting in the comps thread...generally post in another.

what do you all think of Coke Zone? I answered this question online a couple of days ago for their market research... when do you drink your Coke? morning, noon or night.... I answered and got two free bonus point to use and entered a competition to win an Xbox 360...well today i got an email saying i'd won!! how cool is that! i'm pretty sure it's genuine, was slightly sceptical at first. Apparently i don't need to do anything, just wait to receive it in the post! exciting...first time i've ever won something!

just wondering if anybody else has won anything on Coke Zone before? would be nice to know how lcuky i was! could i win again?!

getting this bug for competitions now, so u'll prob see me round here a bit more!
    Match Betting: £4300
    Quidco: £400

Competitions: Xbox 360 x2, Sony Aino :D
  • josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Link to iwiwiw coke zone winners - so yeah there have been winners before.

Well done, enjoy your win.
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

• diddlepops
    diddlepops Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    :confused: Hey - can someone help a newbie (ish)

Just posted my first comp and it may be a duplicate (:p) but how does it work if the comp is the same but its posted on different radio station's websites. For example, the comp I posted was from Smooth Radio but Al Mac found it under Real Radio. Is this a duplicate and needs merging or are they individual comps?

Just a tad confuzzled!

Thanks (might have posted this in the wrong place as well tho - still a comping virgin numpty!) ;)
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know how many people normally read the IWIWIW section, but I guess not everyone, so I hope that you don't mind me pasting a link here in the discussion thread to a suggestion of a good use of unwanted prizes that might cheer up a sick child. I thought it was a good idea and you might too.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1653607

There is also a comp on the main board here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1684913

The prize is small, but it is to raise awareness of the good cause, so please take a look regardless of the small prize.

Thanks.
  • bunn
    bunn Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    can i ask? when ya do email comps! do u put ie answer:????
    or do u just put the answer?

also! not won any comps in may would you recommend entering when they are posted! i did catch up then stopped but doing them daily now!but just for the advice really!

tfth in advance
  • bunn
    Options
    Originally Posted by Al Mac viewpost.gif
    Quick question

I used to open up a days worth of comps in different tabs. Work my way though them clicking "thanks" after each one. No problem.

Recently when I've got to the end, I discover I've been logged out, as if the thanks click is no longer counted as activity:eek:

Anyone else noticed? :confused:

when im doing comps i always start from thefirst comp posted and just go to previous, and add supscription then thanks! seems to work fine apart from if i add a comment?!

but when doing the ending ones i have to press back 4 times to get bk to the page!!
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    bunn wrote: »

also! not won any comps in may would you recommend entering when they are posted! i did catch up then stopped but doing them daily now!but just for the advice really!

tfth in advance

I always just put the answer, then a couple of blank lines then my name address and details etc:D
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    bunn wrote: »

tfth in advance

Im currently upto date with posts, or as good as:D I am not entering as they are posted

remember that some of the comps although they may have finished they may not have drawn the winners yet - some sites can be quite slow at notifying/sending out prizes

hope you get some wins soon:D
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • bunn
    Options
    thanks!!!! i thought i may have beeen doing summit wrong
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate