We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
WEDNESDAY 6th May (I think)
Comments
-
morning all
sunnygirl [[hugs]]
fish,from freezer,and hm wedges for t, lunch will be peanut butter sarnies with fruit.Will use broad bean tops as veg for t,love these!
claen the conservatory today after i've tried to work out how to pay mort. with online banking. usually go in and do this monthly as dd and st orders,well we wont go there :mad: this time i will do it, i will!
have a great day everyone, xSaving for another hound :j
:staradmin from Sue-UU
SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.270 -
Hi, a lovely day here in Durham today. I'm just back from walking DS1 to school. My washing is about to finish so I'll put it on the line in a minute.
I bought myself one of Lakelands fancy cake tins (the car one) the other day. They are reduced at the moment and I had a £3 money off voucher from them. I had a go last night they look quite good. I need to get better at greasing and flouring the tin, but DS proudly took a car cake to school for his lunch. He also took a pasta salad which he found the recipe for and announced he wanted it for lunch!
I need to go to the library and the post office later on. I also need to get back into FLy lady as things have slipped recently. I need to get lots of stuff sorted and tidied before my in laws come up to look after DS1 whilst DS2 is in hospital.
Hugs to all that need them!0 -
Sunnygirl, thinking of you and your family, hope things improve today.
I can't type much at the moment, but washing is out and I've tidied up a bit. Waiting for my hairdresser now.
Hugs to all who want one and have a good day.0 -
Sunnygirl - you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Taplady - it sounds like you are a brilliant mum (and anguk).
Meanmarie - next time your husband has man flu, especially if it is less serious than he thinks it is, blame him for not going to the hospital. You are an absolute saint if you do not have a dent in your frying pan! I don't know how you manage.
MrsMW - hugs from little bear to his virtual granny. They are a little bit grumpy, but sincere all the same.
Really, just logged in to say hugs to Sunnygirl. I have yet another dratted and darned cold. :mad::mad::mad: I am waiting for Mr S to deliver, and little bear is uncharacteristically grumpy. I think he has a cold as well. Also some time soon I should be getting a delivery from approved food and also I ordered some yarn
which I didn't need
but was a great deal
Evil cat is still out of sorts and I am worried about her eye which is getting a lot of discharge and it looks swollen. She is back at the vet yet again on Sunday.
Tea tonight is probably just a stir fry or something. Still trying to get the washing dry, and the weather is not co-operating. Depending on what LB decides to do, I forecast knitting and ironing for me today. I am now 1000g or half way into my blanket and feeling remarkably comforted by it. I have no idea if I will ever use it.
Hugs to all, sorry if I have missed anyone.Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!0 -
Morning all
Sunny Girl sorry to hear about your DD hopefully all is well now and he is in the right place make sure you and your mum take some time out for yourselves today
Taplady glad your son could talk to you
Washing is on the line DW needs emptying and WM is on again not sure whats for tea will have a look in a bit
Have a good day0 -
Thankyou all for your kind words. Anguk - I feel exactly the same as you did. I knew or suspected for quite a while even though he is not 'typical' gay IYKWIM - not a camp bone in his body:D and he's never likely to give me fashion tips:rotfl:Do what you love :happyhear0
-
Morning OS chums!

Marie - you must be so cross! I hope it all works out for you
Haribo - sorry to hear things didn't go so well yesterday
Christabell - I am normally the one posting at 0430 but usually at the end of the week when I am waiting for Tristan to log on. Not so many people post at weekends though so not so many people notice how annoyingly bouncy I can be at that time of day.. *chuckles*.
Sunnygirl - I am so sorry about your dad, you must be worried stiff.
Pen-Pin - hoping today is a better day
Taplady - I still find it odd that there ARE people in this world that think our sexuality somehow changes who we are if we are not 'straight'. It's great that he could come to you and your husband and tell you.
Tru and Halight - missing your posts
Squiggly, moggins, ivyleaf, ravy and Nic1
Spent a lot of time in the garden today and hoping to do the same today. Sun is shining again though it is pretty windy. Checked all my seeds on the windowsill and finally have some chilli seedlings from the chocolate chilli seeds I bought this year. The old seeds from 2007 were beating them up til today! I also planted some beetroot seeds on the 2/5 and they are all up and have two leaves on already. Managed to get the shallots in tubs and out in the garden. I put them next to the garlic that is going great guns so it shows them a good example. No carrots or spring onions or up yet but I live in hope.
BM has just beeped at me and we have washing on the line already. My MIL is here so things were organised early! Today I want more garden time and am making corned beef pastryless quiche for dinner tonight. Just had a leaflet through the post for a local garden centre with some great offers on so think a trip out might be just what I need!
If anyone is eating Kingsmill and it has the Wallace and Gromit vouchers on I am still looking for more so please think of me! Thank you for the ones I have already been sent, you are all so kind.
Warm gentle
for anyone who wants or needs one.
Diva.xTo be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.0 -
Morning Everyone
Yet another wet and miserable day in Lancashire
I have to laugh as the weather forecast says brilliant sunshine for tomorrow.Oh I think the Met office are taking the mickey:D
Been a busy bee this morning with the cleaning and washing pretty much done.Yoghurt maker on again and BM set to follow
Oh is on a mid so it'll be cold tea for him as he doesnt get home till gone 7pm.The kids are having macaroni cheese and salad for their tea with apple cake for pud.
Taplady-Thankfully being gay isnt as big a deal as it used to be and people are getting much more sensible in their attitude to it.For some reason it always seems to be Fathers that take the news worse than Mothers and I wonder if thats because we already suspect it or because it really doesnt matter to us I'm not sure which.But its fabulous that your son feels confident enough to open up to you no matter how tenuous it is to begin with and it can only improve your relationship that he feels he can share anything with you
MSD-Hows it going?
Sunnygirl-Awful news about your dad but hopefully he will make a full and speedy recovery
Lesleyxx0 -
Morning,bit late on here today-I decided to put some scruffs on and walk the dog before I had a shower as it was chucking it down and doing my hair before would have been a waste of time.
Sunnygirl-very scary for you all,hope the repair is OK and things look up.You've had a rough time of it recently, take care of yourself too.(((Hugs)))
Taplady-I'm sure your son feels better for having talked to you.
HJ - glad youre feeling OK.
I've sent DH and DS2 off with soup in the flasks I got yesterday-hope it keeps hot for them.DS also took some in a mug for breakfast on the way to work.It was his favourite-butternut squash with Thai spices.He helpfully pointed out Aldis advert saying they were 49p each at the mo,so may go and stock up,the last lot kept for ages in my cold utility room.
DS1 has another interview later today so everything will be crossed
My ex sis in law s moving house next week and says I can have one of her mini greenhouses.I nearly bought one a month back-glad I didnt now.I can get stuff off the windowsills now.
Have a good day everyone-hugs where needed x:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)0 -
Afternoon all (shhhhhhh am at work)
Just had to log on quickly to tell you all that DH rang me earlier to say :j HIS JOB IS SAFE :j Am so relieved
Sunny - ((hugs)) to you, your mum and dad - must have been such a shock - thinking of you all
Taplady - As others have said - your instinct was right and you are both so close that he felt able to sit down and talk to you about it - as long as he is happy with himself that's all that matters
Right, back to work xxxx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
