We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

WEDNESDAY 6th May (I think)

1235

Comments

  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    been up all night with DD2, she trapped her thumb in the car door . her thumb is 3 times the size it should be and there is blood under the nail. I didnt know whether to take her to hospital in the night , anyhow she settled down about 3 a.m.. she hasnt been to school as she cant bear anyone to touch it. it seems a bit easier today but if anything its more swollen today. I wonder if she ought to have it xrayed?

    Sunnygirl sorry to hear about Ddad i hope he improves now, what an awful time for all of you
    Taplady what a fab mum :T its hard to 'come out' and you made it so much easier for him. my nephew is gay and 'came out' when he was about 25. we all knew he was gay and had known for years, except his mum and dad :confused: and I think thats why it took him so long tell everybody. He now has a lovely partner, they have their own house ( which is immaculate lol) your relationship with DS will be so much more enhanced because he has your love and trust x
    Diva i have posted some tokens today for you ;)

    really need some sleep
    hope you are all ok x
  • JadeLD
    JadeLD Posts: 121 Forumite
    sistercas wrote: »
    been up all night with DD2, she trapped her thumb in the car door . her thumb is 3 times the size it should be and there is blood under the nail. I didnt know whether to take her to hospital in the night , anyhow she settled down about 3 a.m.. she hasnt been to school as she cant bear anyone to touch it. it seems a bit easier today but if anything its more swollen today. I wonder if she ought to have it xrayed?

    Hi sistercas, I would take her in to check, if it is still so swollen today she may have fractured it, there's really no way to be sure without an X-Ray. A thumb is really quite an important thing it can be quite difficult without the use of it.

    Hope she is ok, blood behind the nail causes so much pressure to buld up and really hurts.
    Jade
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone

    Sunnygirl (((hugs))) to your family, sending positive vibes your way

    Taplady :jfantastic that DS could tell you & OH, you do hear horror stories & must make people feel like they are doing something wrong.

    Haribo - yes it is good news, plus will get him out of my way for a couple of hours each week. I love having the house to myself and am enjoying this week so much :D oh nearly forgot :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::laugh::rotfl::laugh: best stop now might wear those smiles out!

    Having a little sit down as am shattered, have washed and dried 2 loads of washing, all ironing done apart from what is currently on the line and a lot of office work done. Have also hoovered and washed the kitchen floor. Very disappointed though as the weather forcast is saying rain for the next 4 days - was enjoying the weather - dry but not too warm to make me ignore everything & sit in the garden.

    Am feeling rather ravenous so will think will have a couple of biccies and coffee, get my energy back & get on with something else.
    x
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Pippa.S wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

    Zippychick - you would'nt like to come and do mine would you?????? :D

    Sure, I charge a reasonable hourly rate (£9 an hour! :rotfl:)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Nice to see you cuddlymarm - I know what you mean about "coming home" - I hate it when the internet is down for any length of time, or even if we're away. I really miss my laptop and feeling connected to everything!
    Good luck with the job hunting!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    welcome back and good luck x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Evening all,

    Donny, we do have one of those books, and we are working through it, but there is no continuity (sp) at school, thanks for the tip though.

    Taplady, your ds must love and trust you so much to be able to tell you that, well done for being such a good mum xx

    Sistercas, ouch, I think you should get it checked hugs to her x

    Sunny, sorry to hear you had a setback, I do hope he improves xx

    Diva, I have 4 tokens to send, still eating the last one, x

    Chrisca :T:Tfantastic news xx

    Just had gamon steak, jacket spud with cream cheese, and baked beans, it was delish and nice and easy. DW is on and wm, going to relax for the evening now.

    xx
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I am with you all the way, I always loved maths and still do (I know I'm odd) and DS was nearly put off by inadequate teaching. Luckily I was able to support him, I am also the "emergency help" for a couple of lads across the street.

    Sorry to hear of the op problems Sunnygirl.

    So pleased to hear OH still has a job Chrisca

    Caravan emptied and cleaned by DH, just fridge to do now. one load of washing done and dried outside, too late to get another out so some more for tomorrow. 2YS lean mince done in SC with veg, lentils, and oats and herby toms. DS had that for tea with some LO new potatoes, and I had some YS plaice with herby lemon (light) butter, and veg. Brought some Lemon Pepper back from Spain so used that too. "Flutters" tidied but still clean through to do. DH distracted by playing with new toy (car). Had to go and fetched prescription for DH (routine tablets no probs.)

    The Apprentice soon, so that is me sorted.

    Have a good evening - DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • stressedoutmumof1
    stressedoutmumof1 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Evening all :hello:

    Am currently taking advantage of the Dominos pizza BOGOF - not very OS - but it is MS and I'm knackered and the IL's came round so I couldn't cook tea and and :rotfl:

    DH is watching the footie :footie: (come on you blues :D)

    My hoover has broken :( just as I was cleaning up before the IL's came round - typical :rolleyes: Guess what I'll be buying this weekend ;)

    All washing/drying/ironing is up to date :j

    Taplady - you are a lovely mum :A

    Sunnygirl - (((((hugs))))) you poor thing

    Enjoy your night everyone
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    cuddlymarm wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    We moved house 2 1/2 weeks ago and BT have finally connected us up today. It's like coming home.

    Welcome back :beer: I'll add this to today's Old Style Daily thread ;)

    Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.