We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
WEDNESDAY 6th May (I think)
christabell
Posts: 427 Forumite
Hi there! This is the Daily Thread for 6th May. This is an 'Over the garden fence' type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly, but if not, it's not a problem.
Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two Daily Threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new Daily Thread after they get up in the morning. Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “Hi everyone, hope you are all well” type start is just as good!
Good morning...................my first time to start the thread...Where are you all? After all it's 04.30 and I have already eaten my breakie.......Let's be having you, bring your cups and let's chew the fat.....
OMG.....:eek: I never knew I was so bossy ( yea, RIGHT) Need coffee to think.;) As ARNOLD said.."I'll Be Back!":T:rotfl::beer: :j
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly, but if not, it's not a problem.
Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two Daily Threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new Daily Thread after they get up in the morning. Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “Hi everyone, hope you are all well” type start is just as good!
Good morning...................my first time to start the thread...Where are you all? After all it's 04.30 and I have already eaten my breakie.......Let's be having you, bring your cups and let's chew the fat.....
OMG.....:eek: I never knew I was so bossy ( yea, RIGHT) Need coffee to think.;) As ARNOLD said.."I'll Be Back!":T:rotfl::beer: :j
Today, my BEST is good enough.
0
Comments
-
Morning. 4.30 is a stupid time to get up unless you are a Postie or Baker. 6am is far more sane
.
Back to work today for several days. 5pm-2am shifts, which I hate, thankfully I only have to do them a few times a year.
I ache from yesterdays scrabbling about the garden planting stuff. But I now have 110 sweetcorn plants in, 20 feet of peas, 36 cabbages and 150 onions. (leeks and garlic I did last year)
Might plant carrot, parsnip and beetroot seed later if it stops raining. Crappie weather, cold too.
Good bit of footie last night and some wine finished the evening off nicely.
Let hope Chelsea win too and we can have an all English final to show Europe we don't need them.
Got the election cards through yesterday, so far no one has canvassed my vote, so the cards will stay put. Voter apathy? More like prospective candidate apathy!!!!!!!!
Have a good day.....NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!0 -
Good morning:hello:
Just a quick post before work.
Haribo - sorry to hear things didn't go so well yesterday
No cooking today as lots of leftovers from yesterday:D
Have a good day, will catch up laterGC April 93.92/5000 -
Nope 6am is also a daft time to get up. Trust me my body is saying 7am but my lovely kids still insist on 5.50am

Stuck to my meal planner last night (OK it was only a baked spud) BUT the important thing was I stuck to it and didn't have something else instead. Have Bacon, Onion and potato hot pot tonight so looking forward to that (with the exception of having to peel the spuds - I just can't get excited about doing that!).
I have to drop some library books off this morning which means a trek into my local town. No money so shan't be buying anything else whilst I am there
I must get out in the garden as it desperately needs weeding and my courgette plants are getting so big they need putting in the veggie plot. Unfortunately my DD is nearly 10 months and objects to sitting in the pushchair out there and at times it seems a wee bit too cool for her to be sitting out on the lawn on our picnic blanket with some toys. Am I being too over protective? I just can't keep her warm as any blanket get launched and her little hands end up freezing.
Also atempting to stick to my housework calendar (along the lines of Flylady although I do my rooms in different order). Bath room and change towels today so am glad most of the washing has already been done.
Enough of my waffle anyway. Hope you all have a lovely day - looks a bit breezy out there so should be a good day for drying perhaps?!!I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
Morning. 4.30 is a stupid time to get up unless you are a Postie or Baker. 6am is far more sane
.
Hey.....N9eav.....do you really think I WANT to be up at 04.30????????Today, my BEST is good enough.0 -
You seemed so excited and awake:rotfl:NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!0
-
Morning all,
Look like a nice day here again today, had a bit of a restless night, dd was in tears before bed, she has exams at school this week, and is stressing about them, they have had 8 maths teachers in the last 3 months and yesterdays tests were maths :mad:, none of the girls did very well, as they just have not covered the subjects. This is a seperate issue from the other one, I shall have to get onto the school again.
Anyhoo, rubbish and recycling out today, we can now put glass in our recycle bins, which is great, saves the weekly trip to the bottle bank :T
Gamon steak, mash and veg tonight, and I will shove a wash on. Need to have a quick tidy round before work.
Haribo, sorry the hosp did not go very well xx
Marie you must be mad at your DH, I hope it all works out for you xx
Bitsy, I should think your dd would be ok for short bursts of time.
Sunny, hope all went well with your dad xx
Ok better get on, have good days all xx0 -
Good Morning All
Redruby - I had to get on to my DD's school yesterday as well, they have been sending letters home about swine flu & the precautions, problem was that daughter announced that they hadnt had soap in the toilets for months - did a stoppy email & got one back apologising & that it will be rectified. Normally they are very defensive so I guess that they knew they were very out of order with this one.:beer:
Overcast here at the moment but will still try and line dry the washing. OH enjoyed his driving day yesterday but was exhausted from all the concentration. Some good news though our friend asked him to do their gardening for them as they know how much OH loves doing it. Its not much money but he does really enjoy it and every little helps.:j
In the office this morning then cleaning the kitchen this afternoon, chicken stir fry for dinner nice and easy.
Didnt catch back up with the thread yesterday so (((hugs))) to anyone who needs one.
x0 -
Morning all
(((hugs))) for Haribo - sorry your hospital appt didn't go so well
Off to work all day today, but will leave early for doc's appt re blood test. Not used to having such a worry guts for a doctor, our previous one couldn't give a tinker's cuss

Hope to hear from DH today re redundancy. Hope we hear soon, am slowly becoming a nervous wreck.
Washing hung out, nice and blowy out there this morning. An easy dinner tonight, got chicken breasts out of freezer and jar of sauce ready on the counter with some rice will do us tonight
Have a good day all xxxx0 -
Morning everyone
Sorry the hospital news wasn't what you wanted H-J.
Sunnygirl - hoping everything went OK with your Dad's Op and your MIL.
Pen-Pin - hoping today is a better day.
Pen-Pen - how are the teenage strops?
redruby - do they still have the GCSE in a week/month books they had when DS was doing them, it might be worth getting a maths ones and working through it with your DD, and the best one at maths in your friends/family?
Awake early for no known reason, but loads to do including re-building all the software on the desktop after a HDD failure (luckily backed up and under warranty), but it is still time consuming.
Put some YS mince in the SC, and put the BM on. Coffeemaker on already. Will decide what to do the mince later.
Empty 'van, not totally but needs its annual clear out and start again.
Put away things taken out of 'van, clean inside and re-load with appropriate basics.
Get WM on once got things of of 'van
Swish and Swipe Kitchen
Hoover and Dust Lounge (after clearing away "flutters")
Clean bathroom & ensuite
If we manage that lot well plenty more to go for, will keep you posted but don't expect miracles.
Have a good day - Take care all - DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0 -
Aaaargh!! No more hugs please. :eek: I am absolutely fine.
Look. :jThat's me that is. 
Just about to do the school run, then I have bills to pay, letters to post and a dentist to vist on top of the usual drudgery. :rolleyes:
Contrary to the forecast the sun is shining so the washing may go outside.
Gardening club this afternoon so need to do my plan for that then salmon fishcakes, spuds and salad for tea and another early night I hope.
That's a lovely little side job for your OH Essex girl.
Keep pestering the school Ruby.
Have lovely days.
Haribo x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
