We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

WEDNESDAY 6th May (I think)

2456

Comments

  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Just a quickie from me this morning. Things went wrong for my Dad yesterday & we're lucky he's still with us. During the angioplasty the catheter they used tore into one of his coronary arteries and caused a massive bleed. They managed to get it under control by pressing extremely hard on his chest & ribs, so the poor thing is black & blue this morning, and by putting an extra stent around the artery to seal it. He was admitted to Manchester Royal's coronary care unit for constant monitoring and echo cardigrams every 4 hours to check that the repair to the artery is holding. So far everything looks ok but we're all very shaken up obviously.

    Mum went to pieces when the hospital rang with the news at 6pm last night so I'm trying to keep her going as well now.

    (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) to anyone who needs them xxx
    A G&T a day keeps the doctor away :p
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Oh SunnyGirl, I'm so sorry. You're all in my prayers. Hopefully everything will be OK, but such a terrible worry for you all. Take care.

    ((hugs)) for anyone else who needs one.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone - hope you're all well today?

    The sun's shining here for just now, but the forecast's not that great, especially for tomorrow!

    Sunnygirl - thinking of you & your mum and really hope that your Dad's okay.

    I've not been around the last couple of days, so hope that everyone else is doing fine - if not, big hugs all round.

    We had fish pie yesterday - I made three on Monday night. Two went into the freezer and the third was last night's tea. It'll be pasta tonight, as we're both out; I've got Choir practice and DH has got a meeting.

    We had an MS Society Bake Day at work yesterday, so have raised over £70. Only 2 of us did any baking, so my chocolate brownies, banana muffins, fairy cakes and rocky road went down well :)

    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    morning!

    SunnyGirl - (((hugs))) sorry things didn't go well with your Dad yesterday - hope he improves today x

    PP - hope you're feeling a bit better today x

    Haribo - here's another hug;) whether you want one or not:D(((hug)))

    (((hugs))) to everyone else who needs one.

    last day off before going back to work today. Plans are

    Cleaning for Mum

    Collect a rabbit run from freecycle for our ferret

    usual laundry

    SW tonight then watch the Apprentice.

    Had a bit of chat with DS1 last night - I 'knew' as only a mother can that he was keeping something from us. He hasn't actually 'come out' yet but he has admitted to a boyfriend. He is 19. I'm not sure how I feel yet, a bit shocked I suppose but we'll be right behind him whatever he does. DH says it doesn't bother him at all - he's fine with it. This is when I really miss my mate Lesley - she's the one I would always turn to and who would always give me good advice and a listening ear.

    anyway worse things happen at sea as they say:D

    have a great day all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Just a quick post (at work at the moment but logged in to see if any news from SunnyGirl)

    So sorry to hear it did not go smoothly - thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Keep strong!!

    xxx
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    taplady wrote: »
    .....Had a bit of chat with DS1 last night - I 'knew' as only a mother can that he was keeping something from us. He hasn't actually 'come out' yet but he has admitted to a boyfriend. He is 19. I'm not sure how I feel yet, a bit shocked I suppose but we'll be right behind him whatever he does. DH says it doesn't bother him at all - he's fine with it.......

    Taplady You should be proud of yourself for knowing there was some "secret" and being able to have the conversation with your DS, proud of your OH for accepting it and proud of your DS for being able to talk to you. I hope I can react the same way if I have a similar conversation with either of my DS's :grouphug:

    FLoss x
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 6 May 2009 at 9:38AM
    Morning all,

    Well it's night here but hey ho. :D I'm rather full now. Just had tea & I was a piggy and went up for seconds. :rolleyes: Now I'm uncomfortable. It's also raining. Did some baking this morning and sewed a Morsbag. Also did some weeding later this arv before the rain set in. DGS up again tomorrow after lunch for the night. Last night was a slight improvement. He dreams & talks to himself which wakes me up.

    I might tidy up our filing cabinet tomorrow morning if it's wet. It needs a good sorting out and shredding of old stuff.

    Sunnygirl Sorry to hear that your Dad didn't do so well yesterday.
    HariboWon't you start wearing DH out with all these early nights. :D
    CM I hope Chelsea wins. I'm sure I'll hear your screams of delight if they do. :p
    MeanMarie:mad:Men.
    Taplady TBH I don't know how I would react first up. But well done you.

    Enjoy your day. I'm off to have a shower and read a book. Don't know if anybody reads her books but I really recommend Nancy Geary. I'm reading Misfortune atm. :D It's a murder mystery. <hugs> to those not well. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)


  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    SunnyGirl Thinking of you & your family :grouphug:

    Floss x
  • JadeLD
    JadeLD Posts: 121 Forumite
    Morning all,
    Can't believe you were up at 4:30 Christsabell - or had you just not gone to bed yet? I almost can't get up before 7am, I have to Drive up to Aberdeen every Monday and get up at 5:30 - it takes me until Wednesday to recover!:rotfl:

    SunnyGirl, thinking of you and your family, hope you are all ok.

    Having chicken and potato curry this evening - potato is so yummy in curry and means I can use loads less chicken! :p

    Watched Gok's Fashion Fix last night - I love that programme! I've decided to take inspiration from it and use my digital camera to photograph myself in each of my items of clothes and work out which ones I look good in and what goes together etc. The stuff I haven't worn in ages or doesn't fit I can either try to alter it with my new sewing machine, use the material to create something else or give it to the charity shop.

    I've got so many old tops and things and my wardrobe needs some serious re-organising to I can find what I'm looking for. A job for the weekend.

    Lovely and sunny here today, hope you all get some sun at some point today.
    Jade

    PS. Yay 100th post!
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    taplady wrote: »
    Had a bit of chat with DS1 last night - I 'knew' as only a mother can that he was keeping something from us. He hasn't actually 'come out' yet but he has admitted to a boyfriend. He is 19. I'm not sure how I feel yet, a bit shocked I suppose but we'll be right behind him whatever he does. DH says it doesn't bother him at all - he's fine with it. This is when I really miss my mate Lesley - she's the one I would always turn to and who would always give me good advice and a listening ear.

    anyway worse things happen at sea as they say:D

    have a great day all x
    Taplady I know exactly how you feel, my son was about the same age when he told us he was gay. To be honest I'd suspected it for years so it wasn't a shock but I was still a bit shocked, if you know what I mean? Like you my OH was perfectly fine with it too, infact everyone was but I had the attitude that anyone who wasn't could get lost! Everyone loved him the day before he "came out" so why shouldn't they love him the day after, he's still the same lad?

    One advantage of having a gay son is I get great fashion advice and lovely presents, it's like having my very own fairy Gokmother only nowhere near as camp! :D
    Dum Spiro Spero
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.