We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

WEDNESDAY 6th May (I think)

1246

Comments

  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Afternoon all.

    SunnyGirl sorry to hear about the scare with your dad - all my best hopes that he now makes a speedy recovery.

    Someone mentioned yesterday that they'd had their recycling box pinched - we recently had to get a new one from the council (old one was falling apart) and Mr LW has put our house number and postcode on it in permanent marker, because round here, if it ain't nailed down. someone'll take it.

    I've just spent a wonderful (NOT!!) half hour unblocking the loo.:mad::mad::mad: I can't understand why it should have got blocked - there's only the two of us here, for goodness sake!:confused: Oh well, it seems to be operating as normal now.

    I got Mr LW to get some wine during his lunch break yesterday, with the idea of making mushroom risotto for tonight's dins. I bet we end up drinking the rest of the wine with it...:rolleyes: I haven't tried the recipe before, so I hope it'll be OK.:o

    ((((HUGS)))) to all who want/need one today.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 2,322 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    edited 6 May 2009 at 1:38PM
    Hi everyone
    We moved house 2 1/2 weeks ago and BT have finally connected us up today. It's like coming home.
    Lots has happened since we moved. OH has been discharged (we still have over 2 years of monthly payments to the OR)but we can now start to rebuild and plan for the future.
    Also where we have moved to is nicer than I thought and food shopping is going to be a lot cheaper (we lived in a village before)
    Now all I need to do is find a job (probably not as easy as I would like) but I'm feeling positive today.

    Have a lovely day everyone
    Cuddles:rotfl:

    Pay off by Xmas 2026 £175/£2324.67
    February NSDs 6/15
    February PADs £55
    February grocery challenge £67.42/£200
  • grandmasam
    grandmasam Posts: 535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Stoptober Survivor
    :j :j :j hooray, have spent last 1 1/2 hrs struggling with paying the d***n mortgage online, two fone calls later [saynoto0870 ]:money: and tearing of hair, i think i've done it! relief!

    sitting here with v strong coffee and toast as i need it.will check tomorrow that it really has worked, fingers crossed

    wishing you all a stressfree day x
    Saving for another hound :j
    :staradmin from Sue-UU
    SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.27
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Afternoon peeps :wave:

    i didn`t have time to drop in before leaving this morning so i`ve just caught up.

    Sunnygirl - I`m sorry to hear about your dad, hopefully he will improve and be better in no time. You`ve really been through the wringer recently and it`s nice that you and your mum have each other for support. ((((HUGS)))) for you and your family.

    Haribo - sorry the news wasn`t what you hoped for, i won`t send a hug :D glad to hear that you are ok and in good spirits.

    Well the case was adjourned so after all the worry from yesterday and a mostly sleepless night i never made it into the courtroom after all :rolleyes:

    I should be down the garden as we are having a sunny spell inbetween the heavy showers but tbh i`m bushed. I shall eat the sandwich that i have had in my bag all morning and drink the rest of my flask of coffee and have a couple of hours of me time i think. The kitchen needs sorting out and i have washing to hang up too but i think that it can wait a while don`t you?

    Tea tonight is toad in the hole with what i think may be the last of the broccolli from the garden and maybe carrots and onions too, dessert will be apple cake which i made yesterday.

    Redruby - Good luck sorting things out at DD`s school

    Taplady - You are a great mum, a persons sexuality is unimportant - it`s the person that matters.

    I`m off for a quick browse and maybe a half hour nap to try and regain some of my get up and go which got up and went without me noticing :rolleyes:

    Have a nice afternoon peeps.

    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 May 2009 at 1:14PM
    Hi All,

    Sunnygirl , I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, will send some positive vibes your way

    WS - Hello :hello:

    Taplady - I think it's awesome your DS talked to you . I know quite a lot of people who have told me their coming out stories, and it usually involves the parents last with great fear and trepidation. Yous must have a great relationship

    Chrisca - CONGRATS!!!!!

    Hi to everyone else and Non hugs to Haribo :rotfl:

    I have been a busy bee. Batch cooked some irish stew yesterday and my freezer is now bursting.. I have stuff froze for my brother so that is being collected tonight so shall be regaining some space.

    When i have been off work I have been asleep by 1230 every night which is great for me. Have been waking early at 9 - very early for me on voluntary basis. Last night, 230am I was lying in bed watching a programme about how the world will end :eek: Not good for the mind or the soul. Just amazes me how my sleeping changes when work is involved. Managed to get into work today for 1015 which is half an hour earlier than usual. Also having brekkie now so trying to look after myself better

    My living room is now completely clear apart from one set of shelves which is clutter city. I am dreading clearing it as it is heaped with little sentimental things which I find hard to dispose of. I always think "well such and such paid good money for that etc". Once that is done, I need to go through little areas of the living room - like the mag rack, the little set of tiny box storage things but no MASSIVE clean.

    Have freecycled some scrap wood which included cupboard innards. I assumed a joiner would get it but this guy had a flood and the water ruined the innards of his kitchen cupboards so they went to a really good home which I am delighted about. Just shows how one mans rubbish is anothers gold (or something like that)

    Also got rid of a big strip light, and 2 pairs of shoes. Got myself a drill and a shelf over the weekend off FC, so am going to learn how to use a drill :o . I need to stop relying on male friends to fix things for me . Also gave a woman a bag of xmas decs for her first xmas in her new home.

    Am going to put a bag of videos on freecycle tonight and maybe a couple of other things. Such a great feeling seeing things go out the door. I also cleared under my stairs (part of living room) and got rid of rubbish and stuff there.

    Gutted as my Food processor has broken. The safety catch broke off . I can still use it but it involves a lot of fidgeting and scissors to lock it in place. Might ask for another but I hate asking iykwim.

    When i made my stew i used up some stock ice cubes i made last time, so it was nice to see a plan come together.:p

    No cleaning today, done it all over the past few days. Since i have gained control and gutted the whole house, i am definitely more inclined to keep it tidier and cleaner.

    Had some HM mueslie type thing for brekkie and HM Corrie chicken for lunch. Mother is bring dinner from Marks so hoping it is healthy. Will be nice to have a yum treat.

    Looking grim and grey here in Belfast. Sorry for the long post.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I've just spent a wonderful (NOT!!) half hour unblocking the loo.:mad::mad::mad: I can't understand why it should have got blocked - there's only the two of us here, for goodness sake!:confused: Oh well, it seems to be operating as normal now.
    .

    LW, you don't use quilted loo roll do you? My mum has ingrained into me never ever as it usually ends up blocking the drains. Just a thought.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    zippychick wrote: »
    LW, you don't use quilted loo roll do you? My mum has ingrained into me never ever as it usually ends up blocking the drains. Just a thought.
    No, we don't. We just have tesco's bog standard (pun intended) so it isn't that. Thanks for the thought, though.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Chrisca50 - that's brilliant news!:jIt must be such a relief for you!

    Sunnyday it is probably the tension that has tired you out - indulge yourself for the rest of the day!:D

    Taplady - happy and healthy is all that matters. He is lucky to have a mum he can confide in.

    Diva and WS :hello:Hope you are both feeling ok.

    Zippychick How lovely having a clutter free room - I need to declutter my room now. As we have emptied DMinL's flat, our house has become more and more snowed under with things that will probably just end up in our loft for a few years till Hubbie feels able to let them go!

    Salmon, new pots and veg for tea. Will put bm on in a few minutes after finishing my post work coffee!!! Need to book a hire car then for our trip to Ireland for niece's wedding at the end of the month - at least that gives us something to look forward to. Then back to MinL's flat to sort more things out! Hopefully we will finish this by Sunday and can hand keys in on Monday morning - very tired with it all now.

    SunnyGirl hope your DD is doing better today - (((((HUGS)))))

    xxx
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    edited 6 May 2009 at 3:22PM
    Afternoon all,
    A quick post from me today :smiley:

    Was lovely and sunny earlier but its gone very dull now, hope it does'nt rain.
    Washings nearly dry so I will go get it in, just in case ;)

    Taplady - Its instinct, you know something is not right but not what, and its good that he can talk it through with you, and know you will listen.

    Sunnygirl - sorry to hear the news of your dad but hope he is feeling a bit better today.

    Zippychick - you would'nt like to come and do mine would you?????? :D

    Off out for a late Lunch/Early Dinner at 4:00, its my friends OH's birthday and guess who has to decorate and take the cake to the restaurant....yep.....moi :rolleyes:
    I'm starving now only had a quick snack earlier ham sarnie and salad, how exciting !!!!!
    I must do some Twinks, havent had any for ages and DS2 keeps asking for some, trouble is they are soooo moorish, never lose any weight I won't :wink:

    Ah well better go get ready
    Anne
    x
  • Teresita_2
    Teresita_2 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Hi

    Weather here is pants again. Started sunny but an hr later was torrential rain and blowing a gale. So much for spring and I really need to get out in the garden. On a good note the tatties are thriving!

    Sunnygirl - Hope your dads ok. My father had to have an angioplasty and 3 stents put in after having an angiogramme which blocked his last open artery. The nearest coronary hospital is 1.5hrs away he was blue lighted there and had another heart attack in the ambulance. What I will say was for a few days after he looked absolutely awful said it felt like a train hit him but the recovery was so fast and eventually he felt so much better than he had done before the Heart Attack. I sound like am rambling but at least he is in the best place to help him recover. All my love to you and your mum xx

    Big hugs to anyone else that needs them. Trying to keep positive as only one working day left this week and think am the only one in the office so should be ok!!
    Although I get lonely :shocked: as a single mother there are always two smiling angels ready to give me the biggest hug in the world. Love you babies :grouphug:

    Fear is a disease....Hope is it's only cure!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.