We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

WEDNESDAY 6th May (I think)

12346»

Comments

  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    donny-gal wrote: »
    I am with you all the way, I always loved maths and still do (I know I'm odd) and DS was nearly put off by inadequate teaching. Luckily I was able to support him, I am also the "emergency help" for a couple of lads across the street.


    Ohhh I wish we lived nearer, I would love someone on hand with a greater understanding, dd does ok, but I know she could do so much better, oh well onwards and upwards.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    redruby wrote: »
    Ohhh I wish we lived nearer, I would love someone on hand with a greater understanding, dd does ok, but I know she could do so much better, oh well onwards and upwards.

    Do any of her friends have older sisters who could help? Or anyone whom you know socially or through work?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
    2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well I have to have some pluses - housework and cooking are not my scene. :rolleyes:;):o:rotfl:;):rotfl::o :confused:DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!

    My hoover has broken :( just as I was cleaning up before the IL's came round - typical :rolleyes: Guess what I'll be buying this weekend ;)

    Why not ask for one on freecycle in the mean time ;) Thats where I got mine and its a cracker.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.