Options

Comments

• jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lurkio wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D :j

Glad you had a good day, can't wait to hear all about it, when you're ready to spill!!
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • sleepyjo
    sleepyjo Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    thought i would tell you all about my c**p night last night, after being wound up all day, due to mum and dad at hospital etc., had a row with my husband tea time, over something and nothing, so i was quite upset, then my friend rang, so wass telling her all about it, next thing she appeared on doorstep with 2 x bottles of wine! said she was coming to cheer me up, sat down and poured 2 glasses out! i burst into tears - explained, what a bad day i had had, and told her to drink the wine herself, as i had given up alcohol, but she my=ust have thought, 'oh it's another quick idea you've got' start tomorrow and drink up tonight - but i stuck to my guns and refused, even though i could have drunk the whole 2 bottles there and them, but thought i would end up more upset afterwards, she stayed for about a couple of hours and drank most of the wine, left the rest on the side and went back home.
    then husband came back and presumed that i had drunk the wine, which caused me to have a go at him and explained to him that i had given up alcohol, i'm not too sure if he actually believes me or not, but we made up and i will just have to prove him wrong, that i can give it up and stay alcohol free!
    p.s. my friend said next time, she would bring a big box of chocolates with her instead! that won't do my diet any good either, i will suggest a large basket of fruit - but it doesn't seem the same.
  • jo1972
    Options
    Well done SleepyJo, that was an amazing accomplishment :T:T:T I'm not sure there are a lot of people that would have been as strong as that!

Glad to hear that you've made up with OH, so sorry to hear about your mum and dad, that must be so frustrating and heart wrenching for you, I'm going through the same thing with my God Mother at the moment, she used to be so outspoken and independent and it's so sad. But I have to remember that although it's upsetting for us, she's as happy as larry!

xx
  • jo1972
    Options
    Okay, do seriously need advice before I go out to H&B, just had a look at the milk thistle, there are 5 different ones

Don't get me started on the Vit B, there are 43!! :eek:
  • 40somethingmum
    40somethingmum Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    Sleepyjo

Well done on not drinking the wine it just shows how far you have come !!

I really felt sorry for you yesterday as I can understand just a tiny bit of what you are going through at the minute with your parents. My mother has suffered from slight dementia. Life is very difficult and you become the parent and not the child. You should be very proud of yourself and what you have achieved so far.

Hugs

40SM
  • eselt
    eselt Posts: 604 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all- welcome, welcome newbies- this thread is great.

Jo- H&B do loads of Vits B but the best I've found (and the one they recommended when I was in hospital detoxing- huge vit B injections in my leg- ouch) is berrocca- fizzy tablets, one a day, with potassium and folic acid too, couple of quid for a month. I bought the milk thistle tinture which you take in drops everyday- but its alcohol based so not sure how triggering that might be? Kudzo in tablet form at my local H7B is £7.99 at the moment- every little helps, I hope?

BHB- please let us know about the goats, how are they?, its little things like this that could tip us over the edge you know!?

Have a great BH weekend everyone. I'm going fishing today- tides are just right and weather looks good. Will take disposable BBQ in case I catch anything, although it usually gets used cooking the frozen fishfingers I take in my tackle bag. I love fishing, gives you the chance to sit on a cliff top/rock face and have a really good think, without people worrying about you- plus you can't drink and walk 3 miles home across the cliffs so its all good.
  • annie_d
    annie_d Posts: 933 Forumite
    Options
    This is my first day off work since going AF so i am bit worried about. I also have family over for BBQ so there will be alcohol around. Wish me luck! I ha d akudzu first thing and then i think i will have another about 3 o'clock. Thanks one and all for the reat support on here.....see you later
  • jo1972
    edited 2 May 2009 at 10:52AM
    Options
    eselt wrote: »
    Jo- H&B do loads of Vits B but the best I've found (and the one they recommended when I was in hospital detoxing- huge vit B injections in my leg- ouch) is berrocca- fizzy tablets, one a day, with potassium and folic acid too, couple of quid for a month. I bought the milk thistle tinture which you take in drops everyday- but its alcohol based so not sure how triggering that might be? Kudzo in tablet form at my local H7B is £7.99 at the moment- every little helps, I hope?

Thanks Eselt, I've just looked at the Berocca website, it's really good, I presume I could pick it up in Tesco or somewhere cheaper? I'll get some milk thistle and will probably get the tincture to take in the water I'm meant to be drinking :rolleyes: the alcohol does not bother me, my problem is the habit not the alcohol itself, anyway unless I bought a whole case of tincture and downed the lot, I doubt it'd have much effect :rotfl:

ETA: good luck at the BBQ Annie, I'll be thinking of you, maybe make one of those nice alcohol free cocktails that people have been talking about on here with loads of ice, in a nice long glass with a straw and a cocktail umbrella!! x

xx
  • noynoy
    noynoy Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    jo ive got the 175mg one watch out though as if you are or have recently bf it increases your milk production as i recently found out after giving up months ago ..opps
    total debt 4711.00 at lbm (4217.31) dfd aug 2012 :eek: overdraft 800 (400.00) kill overdraft first, loan 1500.00 ,creditcard 2411.00
  • jo1972
    Options
    noynoy wrote: »
    jo ive got the 175mg one watch out though as if you are or have recently bf it increases your milk production as i recently found out after giving up months ago ..opps

It's been almost 4 years and don't intend to do that again :eek:

Am I safe???!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport