The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread! Part 3

Options

Comments

• PRICE_IS_RIGHT_2
    Options
    Hi everybody

I've just joined and I'd like to join this forum. My target for May is 22 AF days. Please could I be included on the list at the end of the month?:question:
    Total AFD's May-December 2009: 178 ie 73% of total days (245 days)
    Target January: 25 actual: 24 Target Feb: 22 actual 22 Target March: 26 Actual: 24 Target April: 25 Actual: 5
  • Miss_Piggy_2
    Miss_Piggy_2 Posts: 3,631 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Price is Right! You'll find this an excellent thread to be part of (although some of the posters are patently barmy.....just ask about the goats!!;))

Miss P
    xx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • annie_d
    annie_d Posts: 933 Forumite
    Options
    Miss Piggy...Kudzu, I feel could well have saved me life! Ok i am only on day 5 AF but would NEVER have thought i could accomplish that. I have always drunk a bottle of wine a day but following an operation leaving me absent from work that quota crept up and up. Fluffybishop on here mentioned the Kudzu so i got some from H and B along with some Milk Thistle to help my poor liver along. i haven't wanted ANY alcohol since i started with the tablets. I have seen them cheaper online but needed to start them straight away so went to H and B. Good luck with your quest.
    I check in here every day to see how others are faring, helps keep me on the straight and narrow x
  • annie_d
    annie_d Posts: 933 Forumite
    Options
    Can i be added to the list please? 31 days?
  • maz123_2
    maz123_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening,
    I'm sitting this weekend out BUT i'm not going to binge. I've got 1 bottle of wine but i know that i'll be getting another one on sunday as i'm having a barbeque. I'm aiming for 20AFD this month with 7lbs in weight so i need to go and play with my signature.
    maz
  • dotstar24
    dotstar24 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    ooooh new thread!!

dont forget, 12 AFDs in May for me please xx
  • Needstochange
    Needstochange Posts: 417 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2009 at 9:59PM
    Options
    Evening all

I have this image of Budgie not being able to find the new thread and panicking thinking we have all deserted the May challenge:D Lets hope her sat nav points her in the right direction soon!!

Hello Price is right and annie d good luck with the challenge:T
    29th Feb Quit Day :j
  • glasgowgirl
    glasgowgirl Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

HS - thanks for scoring April, you did a grand job. Ended at 9/12 - not bad, can certainly build on that.

Miss P - hope you're feeling a lot better now and the bells aren't too loud?

Shared a bottle of wine with a friend last night and felt rotten today - upset tummy, killer headache, dry mouth etc. S'pose that's a good sign of the resistance lowering and my body less used to alcohol.

BB - could you put me down for 10 days for May please? This is quite a low target but I've yet to meet a target so I'd like to set something realistic and then build on the buzz of hitting target to increase it over time.

Happy bank holiday weekend!

xx
  • maz123_2
    maz123_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

I have this image of Budgie not being able to find the new thread and panicking thinking we have all deserted the May challenge:D Lets hope her sat nav points her in the right direction soon!!
    You can just imagine a Budgie driving up a narrow country road in a big lorry!:rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I 'm off to a good start with an AF Friday. Totally unheard of for me. I've been out (driving) this evening and when I got in about an hour ago I really fancied a glass but I thought NO, ignore the bells and don't open a bottle so late in the day. I thought of you, Miss Piggy, and how angry you'd been with yourself the other evening. So here I am with my big mug of tea!!!

1AF please Budgie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family