Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

No takeaway challenge - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

No takeaway challenge

edited 6 May 2009 at 6:56AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
121 replies 17.6K views

Replies

• fedupandskintfedupandskint Forumite
    10.4K posts
    7/7 for me takeaway free this week! I've cooked all week. Yipee!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Primula wrote: »
    I would say a celebratory pizza is allowed so you will be forgiven for your sins! ;) Well done to your OH passing his driving test. :T

Thanks darl, the boys were running all over the place shouting "were going camping, finally were going camping" at the top of they lungs! Been promising to take them for ages, but always had to reply on other people to take us.

Anyway today we will be back on track. As the ommelltte stuff is still there waiting to be eating.
    So chuffed myself means we can go the green gathering this year !!!!!!!!:rotfl:
    as you can tell i'm very happy!
  • We usually get a takeaway every fortnight or so usually. Sometimes by Friday evening I just don't want to face cooking, though I generally enjoy it when I'm not feeling tired.

What I usually do with takeaways these days, at least with an Indian or Chinese is to only order the curry/meat part and cook the rice ourselves, since its 10-a-penny if you buy a bag from the supermarket and you usually pay £2/portion at the takeaway.
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya all, well since the slip up, we have had no takeaways so back on track!
    So 8/28 for me today.

Hoe the exams go well for you x
  • Metranil_VavinMetranil_Vavin Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    God I love my local curryhouse!
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • DevoDevo Forumite
    236 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    This thread is exactly what I needed!!!! I thought it was just me and my partner who struggled with takeaways...

I reckon we spend around £100 a week eating out - beit takeaway, dinner in pub etc.

It has to stop... :o
  • PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't join in. I spend about £5/month on takeaways ... usually an indian biryani, which does me for two days.
  • nickynoo08nickynoo08 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Can i join in please?
    This is a fab idea
    Me and OH have been doing this ourselves the last 2 weeks and so far we've done really well but temptation is always around the corner.
    In the past we have been known to go through 3-4 take aways a week (not every week we weren't that bad, me and OH used to work shifts), the amount of money we must of wasted is shocking. So we've decided that everytime we fancy a take away we're gonna stick £20 in to our isa instead.
    £5093.07/£4027.9
    Pay my debt by Xmas 2020
    21.1% paid!
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Well 11/28 days without takeaways, still looking for car insurance arghhhhhh but still i resisted even with my now square eyes.

Hows everyone else coming along?
  • DoomcowDoomcow Forumite
    1.7K posts
    mr & mrs doomcow are in for this :)

lets try to reduce takeaways to 6 max this month. will save the additional cash also.

main issue is tiredyness and just so easy to call for chinese / kebabs.
    Mr & Mrs Doomcow Wedding Fund: £10200/£18000 (by 04/2012) (spent £2000)
    meiow meiow purr meep merp purr urble purrup :)

requires further financing