Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

No takeaway challenge - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

No takeaway challenge

edited 6 May 2009 at 7:56AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
121 replies 17.7K views

Replies

• tjretrotjretro Forumite
    135 posts
    Well done folks :j Just got back from a weekend away in London yesterday, and am now feeling ill :cry: Day 17/36
    Debt Free Wannabe :hello: LBM: 23/01/08
    Debt relief order: January 2013 (Discharged Jan 2014)
    Jacamo: £115.81. Rebuilding credit rating :D
  • Going well so far 13/31 for me. Well it will be by the end of the night! :)
    Debt free before I'm 30 - DF Deadline 19/03/2012
    Proud to be dealing with my debt!
    No Takeaway Challenge (May) - 12/31
    £10 a day in May - £506.98/£310.00
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi all, well so far so good. 15/28 for me, no more slip ups since last time.

Welcome mr and mrs doomcow!!

well done tjretro, hope you both enjoyed London!
  • wigwamwigwam Forumite
    224 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    looks like a good weekend to most - well done! Ive managed a second week with nowt - and lost 9lbs since I began moneysaving a month ago so will definately be keeping this one up.

Good luck all for the coming week
  • tjretrotjretro Forumite
    135 posts
    Sorry haven't been around folks. Been busy revising for exams. I failed the challenge yesterday, had a bad cold and didn't feel like cooking. :confused:
    Debt Free Wannabe :hello: LBM: 23/01/08
    Debt relief order: January 2013 (Discharged Jan 2014)
    Jacamo: £115.81. Rebuilding credit rating :D
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • puss14puss14 Forumite
    310 posts
    ✭✭
    All good here, have been very good girl:D
    Thailand 3010/15000 2015
  • credit_crunchcredit_crunch Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    hi everyone!

i would like to join if possible? i hope i havn't missed the boat!

we prob have on average 6-8 takeaways each month, so starting on Monday 1st June I would like to try and go the whole month without fast food! and i will try and put the money away that i would have spent otherwise!

thanks x
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, hows everyone doing ?

Well reached my total 28/28 so happy with myself, just realised how much i've saved and then spent all the saved money on my eldest son's birthday:eek:

How did the exam go tjretro?
  • fedupandskintfedupandskint Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Hi,

I am declaring a total of 29/31. Slipped up with 2 lots of fish and chips in May boo! Going for a full 30 days in June, bring it on!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all managed 30/28 this month :j

Please could you put me down for 30 this month? Really need to save money and lose weight. Fingers crossed this challenge will help me make it happen.

Good luck all!