No takeaway challenge

Options

Comments

• GettingThere6416
    Options
    Oh no, I have just seen this and we've already had a takeaway this month.

Ok...In that case I will start from today and finish my month on 6th June 09.

This is gonna be quite tricky for me as it's my birthday this month AND I have exams (I get lazy when it comes to cooking at exam time as I spend all my time revising).
  • tjretro
    tjretro Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no, I have just seen this and we've already had a takeaway this month.

Ok...In that case I will start from today and finish my month on 6th June 09.

This is gonna be quite tricky for me as it's my birthday this month AND I have exams (I get lazy when it comes to cooking at exam time as I spend all my time revising).

Good luck! I'm the same when it comes around to exam time. Was also my birthday this month so that was hard as well. :rotfl:
    Debt Free Wannabe :hello: LBM: 23/01/08
    Debt relief order: January 2013 (Discharged Jan 2014)
    Jacamo: £115.81. Rebuilding credit rating :D
  • MrsW82
    MrsW82 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    We're big fans of pizza, and we have yet to find a supermarket bought Pizza that comes close to our local pizza takeaway!

However, I have found that by buying chiller cabinet /fresh pizzas, from Tescos (usually 2 or 3 for £6), then when cooking, adding random things out of the fridge (mushrooms/peppers/oddments of bacon/sausages etc) they are just as nice - if not nicer! AND they freeze well too!;)

Plus they're even better when they've been reduced!:D
  • MonkeyNut_2
    MonkeyNut_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I know I'm late, but I'd like to join in. I think my last takeaway was last Wednesday, but I'll just take it from the 1st May.

So far 5/31

I do plan to go the whole month without one.

Best of luck everyone else. :dance:
    Debt free before I'm 30 - DF Deadline 19/03/2012
    Proud to be dealing with my debt!
    No Takeaway Challenge (May) - 12/31
    £10 a day in May - £506.98/£310.00
  • matmcgregor
    matmcgregor Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know what a healthy curry is? Read somewhere that ronaldo lives in his curry restaurant its that healthy and delicious!
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Serios if you want further help with debts then you can start your own thread asking for help. You will get loads from people on this site.

Ref the question re what is healthy indian, well at least in part any of the dry meals you can have ie not in a sauce. The sauce ones eg korma etc, will have ghee in (liquid butter), and cream and yoghut sometimes too. So those are the ones to avoid

rogan josh is a bit better cos it doesn't have the cream in it, but will still have the ghee.

I have heard though that some indian restaurants now are using olive oil instead of the ghee but I don't know how true that is.

chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone and happy takeaway free weekend to all.

Still on the straight and narrow - it's now 7/31 for me. :j:j
  • wigwam
    wigwam Posts: 234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blimey, I've cooked every night this week - I can't remember the last time I went a week (oops apart from McD blip last sunday - before I started challenge)

Keep strong all and good luck!
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    forgiven for i have sinned.:o

Well today i failed and caved in to the kids and OH wishes. I had tea all planned just about to cook when the door bell rang and they were pizzas waiting to be eating.
    Turns out the three of them together decided we were having pizza because OH finally passed his driving test:j:rotfl::j
    So in a way i felt guilty but at the same time, sinful pleasure is so nice.:o

So failed today but so far my total is 7/28, so still on track.
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    kezlou wrote: »
    forgiven for i have sinned.:o

Turns out the three of them together decided we were having pizza because OH finally passed his driving test:j:rotfl::j

I would say a celebratory pizza is allowed so you will be forgiven for your sins! ;) Well done to your OH passing his driving test. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure