Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

No takeaway challenge - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

No takeaway challenge

edited 6 May 2009 at 6:56AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
121 replies 17.6K views

Replies

• 4 days down ! its a better start than my NSD, keep going guys :)
    :money:
  • tjretrotjretro Forumite
    135 posts
    Day 9 down :j, but ate a lot of junk food instead :EasterBun
    Debt Free Wannabe :hello: LBM: 23/01/08
    Debt relief order: January 2013 (Discharged Jan 2014)
    Jacamo: £115.81. Rebuilding credit rating :D
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 days with no takeway even with the kids nagging me again as it "holiday time".
    so very pleased with myself :j haven't had any alcohol :eek: either which is very strange for me .

Well done all for staying strong.

Primula :rotfl:sorry i couldn't help but laugh at that. Chinese is try true weakness though.
  • Bowski_1011Bowski_1011 Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I've failed and I'm totally gutted :(

I've been ill today and couldn't face getting out of bed to make DD tea so I sent her round to the chinese without even thinking about it!! And to make it worse, when I said to DD to go get a takeaway she said no coz she didn't want to waste money and she's just make some spaghetti. But I didn't want her near the gas while I wasn't there to supervise. I am now feeling better so absolutely gutted!! Well done to everyone going strong, keep it up coz it's so gutting when ya cave in!
    Initial Debt July 2020 - £6,772.80
    Debt now Oct 2020 - £6,547.04
    Overpayment pot - £0
    135 posts
    I'm sorry to hear that Bowski, I hope you feel better soon. :kisses3: Don't be too hard on yourself, pick yourself up and keep on trying :T Just a slip up, add an extra day on at the end of may instead to make up for it :D
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bowski aw you poor thing hope your feeling better today :grouphug:
    Hey you had a good reason for getting DD a takeaway, better safe than sorry arpound gas.
    Just set a limit of 28 out of 31 or 30 / 31 that way you can still make it happen.

Well got tea ready for tonight HM pie, mash and veg.
    So 5 days for me.
  • ecoeco Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    hi,
    I don't need to join but I thought I'd give you my sis tip hope it hasn't been posted earlier, my sis and her friend used to have a take away once a week, noe they have a cook book with curry reciepes think it's WW and they make something from the book once a week, they both agree it's better and more to eat.
  • Bowski_1011Bowski_1011 Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I'm feeling better now :)

I don't know if I'll be able to carry on, I feel like I've failed it and that starting again would be cheating. Plus if I could just add a day on each time I had a takeaway there'd be no incentive there really! But I am going to still try and not have any takeaways I'm just outta this game, but I'll still be around keeping you's company :)

Good tip there Eco thanks!! Me and my sister have often said we'll do that but still haven't yet! lol Now is a good time to start though!
    Initial Debt July 2020 - £6,772.80
    Debt now Oct 2020 - £6,547.04
    Overpayment pot - £0
    135 posts
    Day 10 down :rotfl:
  • on the subject of the supermarket takeaways.....i like the indian ones from pretty much any supermarket as does my husband,however i find the chinese ones absolutely horrid!!! id find it difficult to give up the chinese takeaway for this reason!

You can get Chinese curry paste on rounbd tubs from Chinese supermarkets, perhaps in the local market place you will find one. For between £1.69 and £2.00 for either spicy or regular you can make about a litre of curry sauce, simply add frozen peas and prawns/chickenetc and chopped onion at the last minute. It's really easy and tastes exactly the same.