No takeaway challenge

Options

Comments

• Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Morning guys,

Doing well so far!! Although I was soooooooo tempted for fish and chips last night, luckily OH reminded me how good I have been on late and that we'd save a fiver for not doing it. I made him transfer the fiver into our savings account...HA HA! Don't think he was so smug then!!!

Sat I am off for a run and her hubby is treating us to a takeaway as a reward.....does that count as I won't be spending any money on it??? I feel bad.
  • Tinkdh
    Tinkdh Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2009 at 8:36AM
    Options
    Managed to avoid the pull of the local indian last night. Thanks La Farfallina for the reminder of the Jamie Oliver curries. Going to cook one tomorrow night as they are gorgeous!

M.I.L has invited us round to her house on Sunday night for a takeaway.:eek: Going to ask her if we can all bring something like a frozen pizza instead!!! Not sure if F.I.L will be up for that!
  • ScRiMpNsAvE_2
    Options
    Guys this is a great idea - you'll really notice the difference.

Me and the OH used to get 2+ takeaways a week in our previous life. Instead now we eat out about once every other month, which is so much nicer and a real treat - you really come to appreciate it! I don't feel guilty any more either as I know we've earned it.

I get my curry fix the rest of the time by either making it myself or getting the Asda curries as others have mentioned. If you haven't tried them they really are good. If you prefer a Chinese the Asda crispy duck is fantastic... I'm tempted to say its better than my local restaurant!

Good luck all!
    Barclaycard £2870 @ 0% until Oct 09
    Tesco Finance £2150 @ 0% until Feb 10
    £5,020 / £10,560 (LBM - August 2008)
    ~
    SMOKE FREE SINCE 14/03/09
  • tjretro
    tjretro Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good job Karen_30 and tinkdh :j

Good thing I'm doing this as yet another health professional has told me I need to lose weight :rolleyes: Stupid one leg shorter than the other. :rolleyes:
    Debt Free Wannabe :hello: LBM: 23/01/08
    Debt relief order: January 2013 (Discharged Jan 2014)
    Jacamo: £115.81. Rebuilding credit rating :D
  • puss14
    puss14 Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Could I join please. We have about 2 takeaways per month which is a lot less then it used to be but I'd like to give them up for a while as I need to lose weight and financially it is so much better to cook for yourself.
    Thailand 3010/15000 2015
  • tjretro
    Options
    Sure I'll add you to the list :T
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Add me too! I'm not really a take away person at home, but where I work there is a McDonalds, Pizza hut, Burger King, KFC, Nandos, Chiquitas and a Chinese Take-away.

I usually eat at McDs once, sometimes twice (or more) a week as we get a discount. But money's going to be tight this month, so no more! I'll join this challenge! Might even lose some weight!
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Well done so far all you fellow takeawayaddicts! Weekend coming up and that's the hard time for me, so going to try and get meals organised and not give in to temptation.
    Keep up the good work everyone. :T
  • tjretro
    Options
    Day 5 down :T Made some yummy pasta this evening with goats cheese on top. Dug out my old ww journal and have been tracking my points today :j What did you folks have for dinner? Anything interesting?
  • moneysavingmonkey85
    Options
    ooh this sounds like such a good idea! can I join for may? I'm not sure when our last takeaway was - possibly 9 days, but friday is always tempting!
    I will have to try the chicago town pizza! fish and chips is also one I have too much, but have recently found that asda do good value frozen fish, and even smartprice mushy peas for 15p!
    :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport