Swiss Key Equity Scam?!?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• TRUSt_NO_1_2
    Options
    LaineyG wrote: »
    Hello,
    This is my first post, sorry to jump in at the deep end!

My mum has recently invested with Swiss Key Equity, but is now suspicious of them. I'm worried it is a scam. A quick Google came up with a blog post indicating that it was indeed a scam.....a "pump and dump" one to be exact.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

You and many like you invest in a fund
    The fund manager buys a yacht.

....then either...

The fund makes a lot of money.
    The fund manager buys 10 villas and some more yachts and other goodies.
    Lots of women get screwed.
    You get 12% return

or...

The fund loses lot's of money (yours and other suckers)

You get screwed
  • nrt
    nrt Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have just had a cold call from a Stephen Daniels supposedly from a company called Sterling Equity with opportunities to earn high returns through their hedge funds. I have followed up the website but unable to connect. Is this another scam? They are baqsed in Switzerland supposedly
  • king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    OMG, who takes a cold call offering shares and actually buys them,

SUGGEST YOU WATCH A FILM CALLED "BOILERROOM"

I cannot fathom who what why you would want to invest in these companies. There is no easy investment, it requires learning about the company and actually putting in your own effort rather than rely on a quick fix or scam instead.

Research the company and invest in what you can afford to lose.

If i called you up asking for some moeny would you give it to me.
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • king100
    Options
    nrt wrote: »
    I have just had a cold call from a Stephen Daniels supposedly from a company called Sterling Equity with opportunities to earn high returns through their hedge funds. I have followed up the website but unable to connect. Is this another scam? They are baqsed in Switzerland supposedly

What do you think?

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I sometimes wonder why we bother telling people how to spot the signs of a scam when after all that we keep getting questions like this.

Is it Sterling Equity Corporation by any chance? If so they are already on the FSA Boiler Room Warning list (not that you should depend solely on that as the scammers change names so often). Other signs that make it blindingly obvious are the cold call and being registered abroad. I'm sure if their web site was working I could point out half a dozen more.
  • king100
    Options

Have you got his number, please PM me so I can have a quickly setup a premuim rate telephone line and get him to call me. Think i might be able to keep him on the phone to make at least £30.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to emphasise the point again...

* Not only are you not registered to conduct business in the UK by the FSA, but you are also on their warning list.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options

So you have read this thread, and still need to ask if its a scam.

Im lost for words really I am.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like the board has deleted some posts. (the spam and some of the responses).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure