Swiss Key Equity Scam?!?

Options

Comments

• gozomark
    gozomark Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    the issue isn't whether the share certificate is genuine - normally these scams involve real companies - the problem is the price you pay, and the price you get when you, and everyone else tries to sell at the end of the lockin period...
  • Duped?
    Options
    That's a good point, thanks for the quick response, I am also going to ask total apparel about the lock in, I wasn't advised of this by my broker.

Is this a standard feature of OTC pinksheets?

Would there be any indication of this on the share cert?

Any more help or info much appreciated.
  • gozomark
    Options
    someone posted earlier that there was a 6 month lock-in - maybe doesn't apply in your case - no, lock-ins are not standard

- what price in US cents did you pay per share, if you don't mind me asking ?
  • gozomark
    Options
    post 14

Thank you for your inquiry. I have been assured by the Company that the
    equity group is an approved representative of Total Apparel Group, and that
    the offer is indeed legitimate. You have been offered a discount to market
    (currently trading at $0.19) because you are purchasing restricted shares,
    which you would have to hold for at least 6 months before selling
    ; they are
    thus compensating you for the lack of immediate liquidity.
  • gozomark
    Options
    closing price yesterday 8c
  • Duped?
    Options
    I paid only 10c per share, at the time they were trading at 16c and have since traded between 5-15c wasn't planning on selling until world cup kicks off anyway, when they will hopefully have trebled in price at the very least.

Did anyone else buy their shares by direct wire transfer to the company?

Just got an email back from TAG and the investor relations guy Justin states by purchase was in no way related to a scam, I am sending a copy of my share cert to their CFO for further confirmation.

However my broker has given me advice to invest in another company and they are requesting a wire transfer into a different account which is not in the companies or the brokers name. This payment was stopped (luckily) by my bank, they called me and advised the account has been used for Fraud purposes in the past.

Fairly suspicious.

I await TAGs confirmation my cert is not fake and lock-in free.

Don't want to put anyone off Total Apparel as they are a good company and it seems they will make genuine shareholders a decent profit.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Duped? wrote: »
    Just got an email back from TAG and the investor relations guy Justin states by purchase was in no way related to a scam
    Justin is the one who didn't feeling like responding to my email asking why he was saying Swiss Key Equity were legit despite being on the FSA boiler room warning list. See post 36.
  • gozomark
    Options
    you are, in all likelihood, a genuine shareholder - that's not the issue

what date did you buy them ?
  • gozomark
    Options
    I hope the website I looked at is wrong, but it appears to have a market cap of only about £100,000, with 6 employees - how much did you invest ?
  • harryman
    Options
    Hi all,
    Firstly, Grizz3839 I am very sorry to hear what this company have done to your Mother, and also to all other people who have been scammed by this mob. I have also been a victim, although, and I would appreciate some advice on this, I am still unsure how I have been scammed. I have received share certs for two companies, one is Total Apparel Group. I can see the price of these has dropped to virtually nil but I am unsure how Swiss Key have benefited from this.
    I have reported them to the Police under Operation Archway and I ignore the constant calls I get from them. I am just hoping someday, somehow they get caught.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport