Swiss Key Equity Scam?!?

Options

Comments

• gozomark
    gozomark Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    boxtie wrote: »
    Total Apparel (tlag on the otc index) There is all the evidence in the world that Total Apparel are legit.

thats not the point. The company could be legit, but that doesn't mean its share price isn't being manipulated. What do you think will happen in 6 months time when everyone who has bought shares with a lock-in decides to sell ?
  • boxtie
    boxtie Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    thanks all for your comments.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well, and theres me thinking a forum was supposed to be a helpful platform to exchange advice, hints etc and not somewhere for the one line comment and insults.....I notice dunstonh is a prolific commenter on here and has been thanked for his input.....if his comments are as informative as his responses to me on this thread, well, I fail to see where thanks are due........I'm out of here.

Any sane person who was told in advance that the company was operating outside of UK law and that the UK regulator had it marked as a scam would run a mile.

Only those that were complicit in promoting the scam would support it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Swiss Key Equity are boiler-room scammers (just as is anyone who cold-calls selling investments) so unless you feel sorry for down-and-out scamsters please don't buy from them.

Instead please consider buying London Bridge from me which I'm currently selling at a fraction of it's real value to astute investors. Hardly used and in very good condition.

BTW thank you to all reps of boiler-room scams who post here plugging their scams. The more posts that appear here, the more likely they are to be picked up by Google and be seen as a warning by anyone approached by them. Soon be time for another name-change.
  • Beerisbest
    Beerisbest Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 June 2009 at 1:39AM
    Options
    Ask yourself these questions:
    You have been recommended to purchase these shares but have they told you how to sell them over the counter in the US?
    Were you invited to spend more money on the shares than you had originally intended?
    Have you thought of hedging your options by buying several stock eqiuties?
    If you want high risk shares with low liquidity have you considered the LSE AIM market where you have better visibility of the bid/offer spread?
    Have you considered of dealing in sterling in a uk company through a uk broker and your choice in the number of shares to deal?

The ticker is TLAG.PK PK means pinkform: find TLAG.PK pink investing as part of your company research.

For help, an alternative to CAB is the FSA helpdesk. They are on your side. the consumer.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Boxtie - maybe you missed my post when I said Swiss Key Equity are on the FSA warning list. There really isn't anything left to discuss.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Here is an enquiry to Total Apparel Investment Relations bloke

Subject: investment
    Justin, good morning
    I was recently invited by an equity group to buy shares in the Total Apparel
    Group but here in the UK I have no real way of knowing whether or not this
    is some sort of a scam. I have very limited investment knowledge but the
    offer os shares at a preferencial rate 0.15cents seems to good to be true,
    are you in a position to advise whether or not this is a bona fide offer or
    not?? I am sure you are a very busy man so any response will be greatly
    appreciated.

reply,

Jeff-
    Thank you for your inquiry. I have been assured by the Company that the
    equity group
    is an approved representative of Total Apparel Group, and that
    the offer is indeed legitimate. You have been offered a discount to market
    (currently trading at $0.19) because you are purchasing restricted shares,
    which you would have to hold for at least 6 months before selling; they are
    thus compensating you for the lack of immediate liquidity.
    I hope that helps, and please let me know if I can be of any additional
    assistance.
    Sincerely,
    Justin Davis

I just looked closer at your email correspondence. You said you asked them whether "Swiss Key Equity" was genuine but looking at your email you never mentioned their name at all!

In the response they mention that "The Equity Group" (I marked it in bold) are valid traders. Again no mention of Swiss Key Equity. The Equity Group are a completely different outfit: http://www.theequitygroup.com/ who have been trading since 1974, as opposed to February like Swiss Key Equity.
  • boxtie
    boxtie Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Reaper,

In response, we are getting tired of each other, it is clear, but I will deal with your last point
    It is clear that the words Swiss Key Equity were not include in the e.mail so, I mailed with the following:

Hi Justin,

I am from the UK and have been invited to purchase shares in Total Apparel Inc. The equity company are called Swiss Key Equity. Is this a legit approach?

Is it safe for me to go ahead with this, they indicated that they work on behalf of tlag, not sure though. This has the hallmarks of a scam (boiler room) I need reassurance about this before I consider to advance. Please can you take a minute to give this reasurrance if at all possible, or alternatively advise me to leave this well alone!

Regards

John

From a sunny UK

and his response.........

Hi John-

I have received quite a few such inquires, and Total Apparel Group has assured me as their capital markets representative that the effort is completely legitimate and above-board. You are prudent to approach any such investment with caution, but TAG is standing by this opportunity as genuine.

Thank you for your inquiry, and please let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Justin

so, if my cash has gone, well fine, I've been shafted, but only what I can afford to lose, I don't cream every time someone mentions FSA! The Tories if elected seek to hoy the gets out of business, they make life pretty intolerable for independant operators because they want the business to go to the banks.After all, I suspect they are all existing or former banking executives.
    If it is a scam, got to admit, it is a bril one...anyway bollox to it

regards to all :beer:
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    See you in a few months when you have lost all your money!
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • turbobob
    turbobob Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with that.

Pink sheets list this company in the "Pink Sheets No Information" category. Which means:

"Indicates companies that are not able or willing to provide disclosure to the public markets - either to a regulator, an exchange or Pink Sheets. Companies in this category do not make Current Information available via Pink Sheets News Service, or if they do, the available information is older than six months. This category includes defunct companies that have ceased operations as well as 'dark' companies with questionable management and market disclosure practices. Publicly traded companies that are not willing to provide information to investors should be treated with suspicion and their securities should be considered highly risky."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure