Swiss Key Equity Scam?!?

Options

Comments

• utu
    Options
    Hi all,
    Me too, Total Apparel which does appear legit, It's Ventana biotech which has me worried, it's not legit and maybe swisskey have been duped too. I've seen the future and Ventana is going down. I want to get out, but can't. Not a lot of joy from swisskey. This is my first soiree into off exchange shares and thankfully I haven't invested my life savings, sorry to you Grizz3839. Swisskey now have a new phone number and the email server seems to have failed, obviously the official word is that 'due to rapid expansion...yada yada'
    Ed Lewis, Craig Sinclair and Richard Harley are all names I have dealt with, anyone got photos of these guys?
    Up shot? All I can do is hang in there for the forseeable future. Even if total apparel make some money, there's still no guarantee the 'exit strategy' is going to include me or any of us.
    Don't forget, if you lend someone 50 quid and you never hear from them again. It was probably worth it.
    60K is a different matter. Good luck.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 September 2009 at 6:36PM
    Options
    utu wrote: »
    Swisskey now have a new phone number and the email server seems to have failed, obviously the official word is that 'due to rapid expansion
    As if...

Swiss Key have done what I always said they would do, pop up to do some dodgy trading then disappear. They will be back soon with a different company name and they will give themselves new names when they call but it will be the same guys.

As to their claim the web page is down for expansion a "whois" reveals it is actually SUSPENDED.
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/swisskeyequity.com

It's sad that some people chose to ignore our warnings (if they were genuine posters which is doubtful).
  • gozomark
    gozomark Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Options
    given how low the market cap appears to be, how many shares are owned by people on this forum ?
  • boxtie
    Options
    posted a few days ago, but has not appeared....perhaps because I directed an expletive toward some people on here who are clearly delighted at the then apparent demise of tlag. It did sink as low as 4.5. cents at one time but....whooooooosh, trading at 16c now and with (hopefully) USA qualification in the World Cup imminent, and some other very positive news it may soar further. I am in @ 10cents so I keep my fingers crossed. As I said on here once b4, i thought these forums were supposed to be helpful, frequented by like minded people, but alas not. Regards to some others on here who hold tlag, we may well get sweetfa....but we live in hope.:D

Regards
  • gozomark
    Options
    how many shares do you own ?
  • utu
    Options
    Luckily only 12500
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gozomark wrote: »
    someone posted earlier that there was a 6 month lock-in - maybe doesn't apply in your case - no, lock-ins are not standard

- what price in US cents did you pay per share, if you don't mind me asking ?

Lock-ins ARE standard for overseas investors - by US law - with certain types of US company.
  • gozomark
    Options
    what are the certain types ?
  • utu
    utu Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 18 September 2009 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Cripes! that is concerning.
    I know it's all gone.
    But can we sell these shares through the original registrar (Regional something)? through the company or through another agent? and hey Reaper, thanks for your comments, yes I feel stupid. Got any advice we can use? Seriously.
  • gozomark
    Options
    I've deleted my post that said "12,500 shares appears to be 0.6% of the company !" as it appears the website I got it from was wrong.

There appear to be around 30,000,000 shares outstanding, but that still only means a market cap of around £3,000,000, which is very small (assuming the second website is correct...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure