Concord digital camera £19.99 [CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• june2rose
    june2rose Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi yorki, regarding trading standards iv'e been in touch with them over another one of their dodggy offers relating to a Nh Japan VP-425 MP3 player i came upon via a post in december. I brought trading standards into the equation because she wants her money back as in our case they have been giving misleading prices that have gone up and down for a dodgy product.The enquiry is being investigated as i type and when the results come in i will post their results. Get in touch with them and complain as i have and force them to pay up.
    A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent,
    the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.
  • justin_1975
    Options
    I ordered the camera + some curtain so that I could get it half price. They cancelled the camera order (never charged me for it) sent me the curtain and also a portable TV for free as compensation!
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't even get a camera let alone the 2 I had ordered! Just had a letter this morning saying sorry they didn't have enough stock blah blah blah

Off to see if they chargd my account already or not grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    They haven't but still well miffed on as their online ordering system said it was definitely in stock when I ordered the cameras. Utterly useless.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • missionman
    Options
    Hello, Today I received the free tv and a note saying all other items are out of stock. So if you all send your 2megapixel cameras back , perhaps I will get one !! Well worth the money, next you'll expect it to take colour pictures .
  • t_i_g_e_rr
    t_i_g_e_rr Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    I sent an email on 23/03/06 asking for information about the camera. I included in the email:
    "Unfortunately, to make matters worse, I have also just received a marketing email despite requesting on my order that no such emails be sent to me."

I got the following reply on 27/03/06:
    "Dear [t_i_g_e_rr],
    Thank you for your email. We can confirm that we have removed your details from our promotional mailing system as requested. Please be advised that a proportion of our promotional mail is pre-selected, which may result in you continuing to receive promotional mail from the company during the next 28 days. We would be obliged if you could disregard any such mail you may receive. There is also a website that you can contact to prevent other companies sending you promotional emails. The email address is https://www.dmaconsumers.org/optoutform_emps.shtml

An e-mail should have been sent to advise re the camera. We apologise if you have not received this.

Kind regards
    [Their name]
    Empire Customer Care Advisor"

I haven't yet received the email or any post about the camera. So I am still none the wiser about all the questions I asked in my email (except from this web site). Sigh... their customer service is not the best is it.
  • blue_mum
    blue_mum Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi consumerdirect got back in touch, they said that we are entitled to the 3mp camera and if they do not give this camera I am entitled to buy else where and charge Empire for the extra cost. My first email I got from empire clearly states it's a3mp camera, so got to write a strong worded letter now to empire.

Hope this helps
    :beer:
  • deedah123
    deedah123 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    hey there, just called consumer direct for advice. i have received my 2mp camera, but am not happy with it. i was gonna send it back just to save all the hassle but thought i may aswell get what im supposed to and fight for it.

they advised me to write a letter to empire because i did have a right to get the 3mp camera as stated in my confirmation email.

anyone else who isnt happy, then i do recommend that u call consumer direct. they were a real good help.

will keep you updated.
  • raistllynn_2
    Options
    I got a slightly different message from consumerdirect:

"Dear Mrs <raistllynn>
    Thank you for contacting Consumer Direct, please make a note of your
    case reference number nnnnnn, which you should quote in any future
    correspondence.

In response to your e mail I would advise that under the Sale Of Goods
    Act 1979 (as amended) goods need to be " as described" - if this is not
    the case the goods can be rejected and a full refund claimed.
    Realistically if an error has been made and the advertised item is not
    available then you would not be able to make them supply the goods as
    advertised.
    Although by taking payment a contract has been made, you would need to
    take action through the court in order to get the contract honoured.

I would also like to inform trading standards of the information you
    have provided as the goods advertised are different to that supplied, I
    do however need your permission to be able to pass the details through,
    please let me know I am able to do this.

Regards "
  • stluke023
    stluke023 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what is needed is one person/lawyer to represent evrybody inthis matter just to put the cat among the pidgeons
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure