PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

how to make hm breadcrumbs?

Options

Comments

• tinselfairy
    Options
    I use the smaller holes on my cheese grater, but watch your fingers when you get near the end.
    ...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I just put them in a bowl and rub between the flat of my hands until they are fine enough.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • livinginhope
    livinginhope Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If you don't have a processor (like me),you can toast them then use a cheese grater to crumble them up.
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I use the food processer to reduce my crusts to something approaching crumbs. As Susan says they are quite difficult to get into fine crumbs, but I quite like the different sizes you get ;)

Uusally I make my crusts into croutons for soup. I just dice them and store in thr freezer until we have soup (Saturday lunch time;) ), then I fry them from frozen.
  • Kelinik
    Kelinik Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh will try the cheesegrater - thanks all. :)
    :heart2: Mumma to DD 13yrs, DD 11yrs & DS 3 yrs. :heart2:
  • GiJo
    GiJo Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    If you don't have a processor (like me),you can toast them then use a cheese grater to crumble them up.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but would it be OK to use toasted ones in a Christmas pud?
  • livinginhope
    livinginhope Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    GiJo wrote:
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but would it be OK to use toasted ones in a Christmas pud?
    Don't see any reason why not!
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Options
    GiJo wrote:

They might be a bit too dry. I'd use the cheese grater on untoasted bread myself.
  • purpleimp
    purpleimp Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't use it on untoasted bread as I can't see it working,I would have thought it would be all doughey and clumpy, what I did in the days before I got the blender was use stale bread, once it was kinda crispy then put it through the grater.HTHx
  • GiJo
    GiJo Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    The stale bread on grater sounds best. Must remember to leave some bread out a couple of days before I need it then.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport