We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club IX

1…241242244246247…502

Comments

  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    You can put them on as soon as you feel contractions aless... Then increase the intensity as the contractions increase...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Do you remember or am I a bad Mummy for checking the red books?! :p. Poppy was 58cm and Jamie 60cm! :D

    xx


    They don't measure length at birth here. DD was 57cm at 8 weeks, DS1 58 at 8weeks. DS2 - no idea, cos his red book's in the car & I can't be bothered to go and get it!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: We make short babies with big heads (98th centile - DD was wearing adult hats at 7 years old. DS2 wears hats for 8year olds, and he's 3 - wears 18-24 mth trousers, tho!)

    greent x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    OK then, I know most of us read and posted in the other thread about sex after baby being born, how soon did you resume normal proceedings last time??

    I was a little shocked at the OP saying a week !!!!!!!!!!!

    dd was born on the 11th dec and we did 'it' on boxing day - 15 days later. can't remember with ds1 & 2
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I've just realised, I'll be 38 weeks on Saturday, but midwife hasn't mentioned my birth plan at all.

    Apparantly I should have had my bloods taken at 36 weeks too ~ this wasn't done at my last appointment because me being dozy hole couldn't find my notes, but I did tell midwife they weren't lost and I did come home and find them.

    If the bloods were that important why did she tell me to go back and see her when I'll be 38+5??
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    YES!!!! I've finally caught up!!!


    helen81 DS2 was 50mm at 12 weeks (see my earlier post re making short babies!!) - so nothing to worry about - he was still classed as 'normal' range - although at lower end of. This one was about 56mm, from memory at 12 +2.

    Right - off to do a bit in the house. Wonder how many pages I'll come back to??:p:p

    greent
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Shell, the 34wk bloods are full blood count, don't think it's anything else... Probably wouldn't make much difference now? They're supposed to be doing mine tomorrow... Although if it's the same palavar as it was last time, think I'll tell them not to bother... It's not like they even bothered looking at the last lot of results anyway...

    I just posted a link to this fantastic article on the parent thread... Probably going to get blasted for it there... But if anyone is interested, it's a look at the way formula manufacturers work and a bit of an eye opener... If you don't want to know then don't click the link ;)
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I like yoga as well. I didn't think that a yoga teacher would take a complete beginner on in a general class if they were pregnant though? It's different if they have some experience albeit with a different teacher, but given how differently the body moves and reacts when pregnant, surely starting as a newbie in a general class would be a recipe for injury? And all the ante-natal yoga classes round me won't let you start until you are at least 14 weeks pregnant. In fact, now that the kids are back at school, and I'm past that mark, that's one of the things I'm just about to get into, as I really enjoyed it with my first two pregnancies, and it was a really good way to meet other expectant mums in a fun setting. I have no idea whether it helped with the birth or not though, as have no experience of giving birth without the benefit of ante-natal yoga beforehand! I suspect it did though, if only in terms of staying relaxed and reasonably supple throughout the pregnancy.
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Shell, the 34wk bloods are full blood count, don't think it's anything else... Probably wouldn't make much difference now? They're supposed to be doing mine tomorrow... Although if it's the same palavar as it was last time, think I'll tell them not to bother... It's not like they even bothered looking at the last lot of results anyway...

    I just posted a link to this fantastic article on the parent thread... Probably going to get blasted for it there... But if anyone is interested, it's a look at the way formula manufacturers work and a bit of an eye opener... If you don't want to know then don't click the link ;)

    34 weeks? Ahhhh, I think I had them done then when I went for my GTT! The lovely lady there asked me if I had had my bloods done by the midwife and I said No but was due them so she did them for me there and then with the other bloods needed to be taken for the GTT ~ I was only 32 weeks then but I don't think it would matter if I was early getting them done would it??

    Thinking about that though, surely when I went to see the midwife last week, she would have had my results through from the above so wouldn't have said I needed to have my bloods done?? :confused:

    She was a dippy cow though ~ I went in to see her. Came out. I filled in a repeat prescription form at the desk and the midwife walked past me and said 'have you come to see me?'. I said 'ermm I've just seen you!' :confused::rolleyes:

    She also told me when I went in that I was overdue (news to me!) even though I'd told her my name twice. :rotfl:
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    ickle i cant believe the twins ar nearly here!!!! and pmsl at the 12lb baby :L hope your all doing well and cant wait to see their pics! i think we should guess the sex and see who is right:D i say one pink and one blue!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Yeah stands a chance they did them with your GTT then, I had mine at 28w and they did my 28w bloods at the same time... And I think we have similar midwives... Mine got my name wrong about 4 times 2 weeks ago, even though I corrected her... And today I corrected her again... She apologised... And proceeded to get it wrong another 3 times! It's not like I have a particularly difficult name... It just ends in an A not an E....
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.