We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dizzymum's DRO Diary..

Options

Comments

• Dizzymum_3
    Dizzymum_3 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone I shall keep you all updated

x
  • Godiva500
    Godiva500 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me again Dizzy - sorry didn't see this thread before.I am doing mine this week hopefully, and like you am terrified. Wonder what will take 2 hours on the phone??? If anyone who is trained knows what info we need to have to hand for the phonecall, that would be much appreciated. Scarey - still we can only tell the truth can't we. Fingers crossed for both of us xx
  • PlasticPennies
    Options
    Godiva500 wrote: »
    Me again Dizzy - sorry didn't see this thread before.I am doing mine this week hopefully, and like you am terrified. Wonder what will take 2 hours on the phone??? If anyone who is trained knows what info we need to have to hand for the phonecall, that would be much appreciated. Scarey - still we can only tell the truth can't we. Fingers crossed for both of us xx

It takes quite a long time because they will want to explain DROs to you first, possibly explain the alternatives, and then fill the forms out while you are on the phone, and that is quite time intensive, even though it's fairly straightforward. I filled a couple out today, and just clicking buttons and typing can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes depending on how much information there is.

Have as much recent paperwork to hand as you can about your income (recent benefit details/payslips) and about your debts (the most recent statements you have). If you work, you need address of employer. And obviously details of income and expenditure.
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    Dizzymum wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have spoken to National Debtline today, and they went through my SOA with me and everything is ok there, so they have put me forward for a 2 hour appointment on friday 17th april , with someone on the DRO team,to do my application, in the meantime i will recieve a letter confirming appointment and also a barcode so i can pay the £90.00 for DRO, i was so scared about everything, but am beginning to calm down now, just need to hold off creditors for another couple of weeks, lady told me not to worry about them, the worse they can do is apply for CCJ and it would still be covered by DRO.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support, i can finally see the light, it is very small, but it is there.

Update: National debtline rang me today to cancel my appointment for the 17th april, she explained that they have found that the phone call appointments were going in to 3 hours long, and is makeing things very difficult, so they have revised how they are going to do things, they will now send me a DRO pack to fill out, i then send it back to them ,they check all info then will make me an appointment to confirm go over deatails and make application for DRO.
    It does make a lot more sense to do it this way in writing first, as can be very difficult over the phone to explain get details correct, so i am very pleased, i totally understand their situation and cannot thank them enough for their advice and support.
    Just thought i would let you all know whats going on,
    I will let you know what sort of forms are in the pack when it arrives.
  • Godiva500
    Options
    Update - I had email from CCCS today and I phoned them this afternoon. A lovely lady called Judith started to input my info and the system wouldn't work properly so she is going to have to call me back UUGGHH!! Why is it always me lol.
  • Dizzymum_3
    edited 14 April 2009 at 8:47PM
    Options
    Dizzymum wrote: »
    Update: National debtline rang me today to cancel my appointment for the 17th april, she explained that they have found that the phone call appointments were going in to 3 hours long, and is makeing things very difficult, so they have revised how they are going to do things, they will now send me a DRO pack to fill out, i then send it back to them ,they check all info then will make me an appointment to confirm go over deatails and make application for DRO.
    It does make a lot more sense to do it this way in writing first, as can be very difficult over the phone to explain get details correct, so i am very pleased, i totally understand their situation and cannot thank them enough for their advice and support.
    Just thought i would let you all know whats going on,
    I will let you know what sort of forms are in the pack when it arrives.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give you all an update this week, But nothing to tell im afraid, I haven't heard anything more from National Debt Line since they rang last wednesday to cancel my appointment, I have been waiting by the letter box for the postman to bring me the forms they are sending but nothing yet. I am in limbo land. i was so relieved on the 6th april when i rang and got given my appointment for 17th , only to have it cancelled, I'm sorry for moaning to you all, but i'm going loopy with the stress, have calmed down from my clash with my sister, thanks again to everyone who helped me that night, and i hope to let you all know what paper work for my DRO application comes in the post.

P.S would it be ok to rename my thread so i can do a sort of diary about me going through getting a DRO , thought i should ask first if it would be ok with you all.
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    Options
    Good idea then you can keep all your thoughts etc in one place.

:j :j

• dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Options
    DM thanks for the update...been thinking about you today...not sure i helped much:obut you sound more upbeat.Dx
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    dalip wrote: »
    DM thanks for the update...been thinking about you today...not sure i helped much:obut you sound more upbeat.Dx

You helped me loads,:A
    thank you
  • Godiva500
    Options
    My Update this week.
    I received my barcode for payment from CCCS, so have paid that today. I have updated all my debts and obtained my credit report, copied all my pension income details and posted those today to CCCS.
    Now I sit and wait for the phone call..........

I had my co-op acct confirmed today, set up online banking, and am busy notifying my pension people of my new account, and transferring my DD's over - busy busy busy!

My personal number from the DRO partt of CCCS was over 10,000, so I wonder if that's the number they have had so far?? God help us and them if it is.

Can I say that so far CCCS and Co-op bank staff have been very efficient and fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure