We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dizzymum's DRO Diary..

Options

Comments

• blind-as-a-bat_2
    Options
    Dizzymum wrote: »
    I suppose going it alone, with not much info available for help or advice is the price i will have to pay for being one of the first if i go ahead.

scarey :eek:

x

Sorry DM, i wish i could be more help, but without all the facts i cant :( But if you decide to Take the DRO route, i or we will do our best to A) support you and B) use all our contacts to help whether it be directly or indirectly :)
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
  • Dizzymum_3
    Dizzymum_3 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you blind as a bat

your support is very much appreciated,

Have the next few days to check list of debts another million times to make sure i havent forgotten any. Then i can do another check on my money in money out, I might ask all you kind people to just have a peek at it and let me know what you think. I know you cant give informed advice as no one knows the figures, but just some one else to look would help.

You are wonderful people here, and i would never have been able to admit to my debts and sort this out without reading al the amazing help and support on here.

Monday is getting nearer, and cant believe i will have to go all weekend without coming here to calm my nerves.

x
  • Pepzofio
    Pepzofio Posts: 540 Forumite
    Options
    If it helps, in my experience people on means tested benefits rarely exceed the trigger figures as their income generally doesn't allow them too!

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you - if you go for a DRO your CAB adviser should let you know if you're spending seems excessive and should be able to point to areas where they think you should 'make savings' if it's likely to jeopardise your chances of a DRO.

Also, bear in mind that they are only a guide as to what should be accepted without argument - if you have a valid reason for exceeding them (such as specific dietary requirements) then the CFS should still be accepted.

Good luck!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DM why don't you join the forum linked to in this post, most of us will be around

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=20330295&posted=1#post20330295
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    thank you pepzofio i've been so stressed and clanging with nerves it didnt even cross my mind about benefits being minimum law says you need to live on.

Thanks for the link Tigerfeet

x
  • NeedToWorry?
    Options
    Hey Dizzymum, in case I don't get the chance beforehand, good luck on Monday - I hope it all goes really well, and (obviously) I'd be very interested to hear what your overall thoughts of it were!

And oh yeah, have a great weekend!
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have spoken to National Debtline today, and they went through my SOA with me and everything is ok there, so they have put me forward for a 2 hour appointment on friday 17th april , with someone on the DRO team,to do my application, in the meantime i will recieve a letter confirming appointment and also a barcode so i can pay the £90.00 for DRO, i was so scared about everything, but am beginning to calm down now, just need to hold off creditors for another couple of weeks, lady told me not to worry about them, the worse they can do is apply for CCJ and it would still be covered by DRO.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support, i can finally see the light, it is very small, but it is there.
  • dottydora
    dottydora Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done! Now have a nice cup of tea and a relax! You could push the boat out and have a choccy biscuit too!
  • NeedToWorry?
    Options
    Congrats on getting that far, Dizzy! I've been told not to go for a DRO - my non-exempt assets weigh in at more than £300... glad you're calming down a bit now!
  • blind-as-a-bat_2
    Options
    Dizzymum wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have spoken to National Debtline today, and they went through my SOA with me and everything is ok there, so they have put me forward for a 2 hour appointment on friday 17th april , with someone on the DRO team,to do my application, in the meantime i will recieve a letter confirming appointment and also a barcode so i can pay the £90.00 for DRO, i was so scared about everything, but am beginning to calm down now, just need to hold off creditors for another couple of weeks, lady told me not to worry about them, the worse they can do is apply for CCJ and it would still be covered by DRO.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support, i can finally see the light, it is very small, but it is there.

Good luck DM, and listen to the advisor, your creditors wont have time to go for a CCJ before its sorted, as it takes months for a claim to go through the court;)
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure