Dizzymum's DRO Diary..

Options
Dizzymum_3
Dizzymum_3 Posts: 81 Forumite
edited 8 May 2009 at 6:15PM in IVA & DRO
Hi Thanks too everyone who told me to get advice on my last post, I did as you said and rang National Debt Line. also cccs,

have been told Debt Relief Order would be right for me, But i am very worried as there is not much advice or facts out there about it, so i am wondering if i should try and save the extra money(will take me a few more months) and do Bankruptcy, :confused:

I really don't know what to do, was told to ring back on or after the 6th if i want to go ahead and be put forward for Debt Relief Order, oh i dont know what to do, I have sorted out a list of all debts ( £6500), income is benefits (income support-child tax credit-child benefit)

any advice , anything , please, i don't know what to do for the best :confused:

Thank you

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you have a car?
    And do you have any assets?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • blind-as-a-bat_2
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    Do you have a car?
    And do you have any assets?

Just to expand on that question from RAS

Do you have any assett that could be deemed by a creditor that supplied it, to exceed the limit

For example hve you bought a PC or tv, that at the time was over £300 and was recently enough for the creditor to claim it may still be worth more than £300 even if sold at auction
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    Hi RAS & Blind as a bat

I don't have a car, and I have no assets ( no savings, no jewllery, antiques etc) i havent purchased any item of value, TV & DVD PLAYER & PC belong to my son he has his reciepts to prove he paid for them.

sorry i didnt think to mention any of that earlier, brain is mush with worry.

Thank you for your help
  • blind-as-a-bat_2
    Options
    Dizzymum wrote: »
    Hi RAS & Blind as a bat

I don't have a car, and I have no assets ( no savings, no jewllery, antiques etc) i havent purchased any item of value, TV & DVD PLAYER & PC belong to my son he has his reciepts to prove he paid for them.

sorry i didnt think to mention any of that earlier, brain is mush with worry.

Thank you for your help

Then as long as your income-v-expenditure falls below the £50 as donated by the CFS (SEE DD's post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=20272235&postcount=127)

Which we are not going to get to see so cant advise on:rolleyes: :confused: :mad: Everything else seems ok:undecided.

Trouble is that last bit makes it imposible for us, let alone you, know if your income v expenditure meets that bit
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    Thanks so much Blind as a bat,

I have just read DD post, and i am even more worried now.

shall i post what my income v expenditure is ?

would you have a look at it for me. thoughts on it for if i decided to hang on and save up for BR , I feel this DRO is going to be to worring to apply for and if i'm turned down i lose £90 which i could use for BR.
    :confused:
  • blind-as-a-bat_2
    Options
    Thanks so much Blind as a bat,

I have just read DD post, and i am even more worried now.

shall i post what my income v expenditure is ?

would you have a look at it for me. thoughts on it for if i decided to hang on and save up for BR , I feel this DRO is going to be to worring to apply for and if i'm turned down i lose £90 which i could use for BR.
    :confused:

Without some form of gudence figure to base a reply on there is no way i or anyone else here can comment, and i think that is there intention. short sighted as it may be:rolleyes:

BUT, and i stress BUT, that does not mean a DRO is not a good option for you, everything else you have posted meets the critearia, as you have already been told, the only other worry i have is over the Assett question, which you have answered.

As to what the IS sees as an I&E that equates to lesss than £50 surplus, only they, and those that have agreed to the licence (or gagging order) know:confused:
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    Thanks for your help, I will let you all know what i decide to do.

x
  • blind-as-a-bat_2
    Options
    Thanks for your help, I will let you all know what i decide to do.

x

Please do, and please dont let my comments scare you away from a DRO, It does seem the best option on all other fronts, But as the allowences for assets and income , as wll as debt (but that does not seem an issue in your case) are so tight, its hard to be sure at the moment, no doubt in timethings will get clearer, but that does not help you much right now, and that is the bit that frustrates me
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    OH planning to go DRO ASAP through CCCS. Will let you know any info I find out. Im guessing the income/outgoings will be very similar to BR and DMP so try an SOA to see if it looks reasonable. I support OH but cant as much as I was so I split the grocery, housing, heating costs etc 50/50 and CCCS didnt say anything when OH mentioned it a few weeks ago.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • Dizzymum_3
    Options
    I suppose going it alone, with not much info available for help or advice is the price i will have to pay for being one of the first if i go ahead.

scarey :eek:

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family