Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Great 'Cheap Tan' Hunt - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Great 'Cheap Tan' Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
128 replies 72.9K views

Replies

• SupermanSuperman Forumite
    102 posts
    Anyone know where you can get a cheap tannning spray machine I think they retail around £120 usually
  • DianTDianT Forumite
    1 posts
    Hi All,

My husband recently bought me a great spray-on tanning machine called an iBod. It's a bit like a rechargeable hair dryer. You put the clear solution in the cartridge, plug it into the sprayer and spray yourself - dead easy!

It's the first time I've had a quick and easy tan that didn't turn orange and leave me with streaky lines!

I saw they were selling it on Ideal World TV shopping last week but he got it on the internet at https://www.viatekgroup.com It was about 40 quid and came with enough solutions for over six months.

Happy tanning!
  • ka7eka7e Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tesco's have Johnsons Holiday Skin at 4.78 for 250ml & BOGOF

Found that Wilko's Have their own Holiday Skin, which seems Identical at 1.49 for 250ml and at the moment its reduced to 99p
    I've tried the Wilko's one this week and it's not bad. I'm using the one for darker skins and it's starting to work after just 2 applications. Smell is very light, not like Dove etc.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • johnsons & dove varieties on offer BOGOF on tesco online. Please note my colleague is using Wilkinson's own brand (£1) and has got a lovely glow - im gonna buy some today. good luck all with the tans
  • needmoneyneedmoney Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone else experienced this, I used the Johnsons holiday for face and liked it but found that it darkened the fine hairs on my upper lip.:o
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• cymro1170 wrote:
    50p a minute in our local tanning salon
    This option also has the benefit of reducing your chance of getting Cancer, diabetes, mental illness, hypertension etc
    Taking sufficient vitamin d3 cholecalciferol tablets to eliminate any end of winter deficiency will prime your skin so that it will create a tan (to block excess vitamin d synthesis) faster and make your 50p an even better investment.
    Remember a real tan (from uvb via lamps or sun) is an indication you are healthy. There is nothing dangerous in TANNING via the sun. What is dangerous is SUNBURN. People who REGULARLY work outdoors and children who play outdoors have fewer melanomas than folk who stay indoors and are outside only occasionally. LITTLE and OFTEN is safer than occassional overexposure.

[size=-2][PDF][/size] SUNLIGHT ROBBERY:
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • fincfinc Forumite
    1.1K posts
    needmoney wrote:
    I wonder if anyone else experienced this, I used the Johnsons holiday for face and liked it but found that it darkened the fine hairs on my upper lip.:o
    OMG I found this as well but thought it was just me! I really haven't got a 'tache though :o
    :smileyhea
  • needmoneyneedmoney Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol finc, glad it's not just me too. I haven't got a tache as such either but have greying hair now so dye it blond and find the fine hairs on upper lip appear like a shadow I pluck some but get so fed up of it, sometimes bleach them.

But sorry I'm going off topic and that's a subject for another thread maybe.:o
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• hi,

I`m a big fan of fake tans as well,they are great, i found Fake Bake the best, although you need a friend around who is doing your back... :p

But there is something no one ever mention...when the fake tan is coming off. :eek: ..that`s a nightmare,when you put it on first, next day is perfect but as days go by,it`s fading and it`s coming off,looking awful,patchy!!!!
    And then you have to scrub your skin really hard...

I`m sure who`s using fake tan experienced this before...

Rita
  • needmoney wrote:
    lol finc, glad it's not just me too. I haven't got a tache as such either but have greying hair now so dye it blond and find the fine hairs on upper lip appear like a shadow I pluck some but get so fed up of it, sometimes bleach them.

But sorry I'm going off topic and that's a subject for another thread maybe.:o
    Yeah have you noticed women's facial hair is the last great taboo subject! Jolen is good and Veet's Immac for bleaching and Tweezerman tweezers cost a fortune but they WORK!