Great 'Cheap Tan' Hunt

Comments

• tigertiger_3
    tigertiger_3 Posts: 586 Forumite
    Hi , I always use St Tropez which I find is the best it does have a smell to it..not too bad though. Also I have used the fake bake that too has a smell...i think theall do just some are worse than others!
    £900 towards next holiday...ta very much Mr T x
  • Tesco's have Johnsons Holiday Skin at 4.78 for 250ml & BOGOF

Found that Wilko's Have their own Holiday Skin, which seems Identical at 1.49 for 250ml and at the moment its reduced to 99p
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    in the mag Love it this week (7/13 march) is a coupon for a half price tanning session at the Tanning shop ends 21 march 06. It's on page 29 mag costs 60p and has a news of the world 15p coupon on the back too. (It's a California Tan spray tan)

details https://www.thetanningshop.co.uk or 01325 360 900
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just to say you don't need to buy the mag just go online and print off the coupon!
  • alemap20
    alemap20 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I have tried many brands of fake tan's for the last 10 years, as i suffer from vitiligo and is worse in the summer as parts of my skin won't tan and just stays white and the normal parts of my skin turns golden brown, so to balance this out and give me confidence to wear strappy tops fake tan is a must. The best tanning lotion i find is the Duo Tan by Ambre Solaire, gives a lovely colour and leaves skin lovely and moisturised. Costs about £5, i always buy plenty bottles to keep stocked up.

Hope this helps anyone
  • I am lucky, as no matter which fake tan i use, i hardly ever get streaky or turn a strange shade of orange. however the one thing that puts me off is that all products have the same horrendous chemical smell... how do you get rid off it? even after taking a shower, the odour still sticks to me!! does anyone know of a certain product which doesnt smell as off-putting?

and btw, does your fake tan wash off every time you have a shower, or is it allright to have a shower a couple of hours after application?

thanks
    Minky (a very pale one to add :o )
    ** i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay **
  • alemap20
    alemap20 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Duo Tan has a slight apricot smell, which is ok, the tan usually takes about 3 to 4 hours to develop, after that you can shower and tan will last a couple of days,

pammie
  • Tesco's have Johnsons Holiday Skin at 4.78 for 250ml & BOGOF

Found that Wilko's Have their own Holiday Skin, which seems Identical at 1.49 for 250ml and at the moment its reduced to 99p
    Superdrug have 400ml Johnson Holiday Skin for £2.99 this week only
  • bella4uk
    bella4uk Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    dinky wrote:
    I've used St Tropez for years and always thought it the best, but just couldn't afford to keep shelling out for it. So I thought I'd look around for cheaper brands. By far the best is Boots own Soltan range. I am pale but buy medium (shimmer) and slather it all over me (inc face) and it always look great. I even prefer it to St Tropez now as the lotion isn't as heavy and the smell isn't as strong. Give it a whirl. It was on offer for about £3.50 (half price), but noticed there was a reduction on it for most of last summer.

PS Sorry to be controversial, but I thought the Johnson's Holiday Sun was poor, I used the lighter shade and couldn't see any difference after repeated use. Don't waste your money on the lighter shade.
    I can't agree more than this post. Soltan is fab, I like the mousse best but as it's not tinted you do have to take your time, this is half price now so have stocked up. I too used st tropez and yes it's great, but could not get rid of the strange almost porridge like smell!!! which had built up on my skin and we are talking 5 days on from application, don't really want to knock it because it is excellent, but I have to say that I also now prefer soltan and recommend it to anyone.
  • I use one part of the cheapest cheap tan I can find (usually DuoTan) to 3 parts Jhonsons baby lotion and slap on like a moisuriser every other day. That way you can control the depth of the tan really well and again no problems with knees and around ankles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure