The Sun £20 Holidays. Holiday Park Review thread

Options

Comments

• pancakes*
    pancakes* Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    SOUTHSEA HOLIDAY PARK
    Do not go!!!!
    Very run down, we upgraded, paying £40. It was not an upgrade, the shower didnt work I had to hold it and it wasnt hot all the time. Very shabby and smelly. We asked to compare to a standard van and that had bigger bedrooms and laminate floors so much cleaner.
    Tried to get our upgrade money back but every time we asked we were told to speak to the manager who strangely is always to busy.
  • Queenie_8
    Options
    We went to Stanwix Park in Silloth the last weekend in June, 2 adults, 3 kids.
    Park was fantastic. Caravan was lovely and clean, full sized fridge/freezer in the kitchen, proper cooker and microwave. LCD tv in the sitting area and powerful shower too.
    Weather wasn't great ;( but it really didn't matter. The indoor facilities were great, the kids loved the swimming pool. They do state an indoor soft play area, however this is very small.
    Evening entertainment was cheesy but the kids loved it!
    It was my first caravan holiday and I'm hoping to do it again next year, maybe even go a little further afield.
    Cost £75 for 5 people for 3 nights. Then paid £30 (£10 each) for entertainment passes (two youngest went free) and £27 service charge. Total £132 for the weekend. Great bargain!:T:T
  • Spellow
    Spellow Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    We went to Haggerston Castle a few weeks ago, brilliant, caravan was clean and tidy, facilities good, wasnt to impressed walking into the entertainment centre and past all the slot machines though.. not a great advert for Kids

anyway Park was good, wen ton the lake boating and adventure playground, also free archery as well.

We went to Stanwik last year - brilliant, bit out of the way but with a 2 years old loved the swimming, pool is empty (september time) got a slide too for him

Though its not the warmenst place.

Aslo been to france - Point st Giles - one word = FANTASTIC
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    Off to le chene gris in a couple of weeks. Lots of stuff planned for Paris. Cant wait:)
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can anyone tell me when The Sun are likely to do the vouchers for the summer holidays or have I missed them?

I collected the vouchers recently but didn't realise until I went to book it that it was for holidays up to May and I want the vouchers that include the summer holidays.

Hope someone can help :)
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got Woolacombe Sands which sounds great.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when The Sun are likely to do the vouchers for the summer holidays or have I missed them?

I collected the vouchers recently but didn't realise until I went to book it that it was for holidays up to May and I want the vouchers that include the summer holidays.

Hope someone can help :)
    Next promo is April
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    Next promo is April

Is that when I will be able to book a holiday for over the summer holidays?
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes . summer holidays ie the 6 weeks school holidays is £40 per person
  • Mrs_J
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    yes . summer holidays ie the 6 weeks school holidays is £40 per person

Thanks! I also wanted to know when the summer hol ones are.

I def recommend booking online! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport