The Sun £20 Holidays. Holiday Park Review thread

Options

Comments

• nnik
    nnik Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Iv just come back from a £9.50 sun holiday deal at the Seaview Holiday park in sennen, Cornwall. The receptionist/owner of the camp was very rude to me when i did not have a cheque guarantee card as my ban are no longer issuing them and then i had to pay the £20.00 deposit by cash and was then told that i would nly receive £17.00 back as there would be a £3.00 administartion charge and she proceeded to describe to em in detail how much the stamp was, how much it cost them to put the cash in the bank etc etc. I was then asked if i had berought any electirical items with me. So i proceeded to tell her that i had brought my starightners, hair dryer and an iron with me. She then said that i was requiored to pay £3.00 for the iron as i could have hired it from them and therefore i was going to be charged for bringing my own. I was absolutely shocked by this...

The caravan that we were given was clean enough but very old and drafty. The boiler flame was open and there were scorch marks to the boiler cover. There was no carbon monopxide detector within the caravan. The fuse box had not been tested since April 2007 and the toilet seat was falling off. There was also a dirty stain to one of the sibngle beds, which we were fortunately not using. We were charged £7.00 for the bed linene and in total we paid £96.00 for four nights.

We stayed here last week. Paid £50 for upgrade, van was a bit grubby and cooker was rusty and dirty. Paid £20 for four passes but didn't use facilities, the pool was outdoors and the shop and kids zones were all closed in the evenings (we were out sightseeing in the day).
    The biggest insult came when they have sent a note saying that I'm not entitled to my £20 deposit back. My son had an accident on the last night and I had to wash a sheet, I could not get it dry as we had to be out by 10am. I explained this to the receptionist when we left, I DID wash the sheet but had no way of drying it. They've also stated that the sink and walls were dirty, they certainly weren't as I cleaned the whole van before we left! Also mentioned was rubbish in the lounge, we walked all our rubbish up to the bins before we left.
    When I phoned they said I'd used a chargeable item, when asked what they said we'd used a duvet that was in the wardrobe!
    I'm going to write to complain but I don't expect any decent feedback from them.
    I thought this was going to be a nice little friendly family run place but was so mistaken. They were also quite rude to me also when I questioned why I'd paid for passes and everything apart from bar and food place was closed after 3pm.
    :xmastree::xmassign: :xmastree:
  • tressls
    tressls Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Just come back from Haven Primrose Valley on a Sun holiday. Been before (not on Sun Hol) - massive site, clean, overlooking the sea at Filey, one of the nicer holiday parks we have stayed on. Paid the initial £38 and about £50-£60 on top for entertainment and linen etc.

Caravan was stated on confirmation as a 2 bed but was actually 3 bed/6 berth and a sofabed too. Clean van, looked modern enough for a standard van.

Would deffo recommend
  • wbrichard
    Options
    My family and I applied about a month ago through the last Sun holidays offer. We picked out 5 different parks, 5 different dates and then waited an age to hear something back. We've now just received a letter saying "Sorry, we can't find you a holiday." Feel pretty cheated, and I'm guessing the parks and dates will still be showing up as an option under this "new" offer.
  • wbrichard
    Options
    slm6002 wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know if they will send cheque back and/or send letter saying sorry if we havent been lucky? Or do they just let us assume no holiday if we dont hear.

Mine was sent on token day 10 so earliest i could send it but due to school we have to have it in the school holidays. Fingers crossed but not getting hopes up

We got a very brief letter back saying "Sorry, we couldn't book anything for you." Had to wait 4 weeks. Have now just stumped up for full price holiday for Whitsun and will look to book lastminute abroad during school summer holidays.
  • savingsusie
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can specify that wheelchair accessible accommodation is essential when applying for the Sun voucher holidays?
    If so will you definitely be allocated wheelchair user accommodation?
    I get the impression from comments that it's all a bit hit and miss and you get what you are given upon arrival at the site which would not work for me.
    Is it worth me buying the Sun, saving vouchers and applying?
  • Kaybenson
    Kaybenson Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks,

Can a family of 5 go to these holiday?

Can we choose to spend fewer days instead of 4 nights?

Will be going via public transport. Any swuggestion of a superb place NOT far away from london?

Cheers.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wbrichard wrote: »
    My family and I applied about a month ago through the last Sun holidays offer. We picked out 5 different parks, 5 different dates and then waited an age to hear something back. We've now just received a letter saying "Sorry, we can't find you a holiday." Feel pretty cheated, and I'm guessing the parks and dates will still be showing up as an option under this "new" offer.

these offers are very popular and no,not everyone will get a holiday at the end of it,unfortunately.

no,the dates for this promo are June,July,Aug & Sept

try and get hold of a priority code to enable you to book online .. no waiting then :)
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kaybenson wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can a family of 5 go to these holiday?

Can we choose to spend fewer days instead of 4 nights?

Will be going via public transport. Any swuggestion of a superb place NOT far away from london?

Cheers.

yes 5 can go ,yes you can book a 3 night fri - mon break ( or just book a 4 dayer and go home early ?)
  • yummymummy222
    Options
    tressls wrote: »
    Just come back from Haven Primrose Valley on a Sun holiday. Been before (not on Sun Hol) - massive site, clean, overlooking the sea at Filey, one of the nicer holiday parks we have stayed on. Paid the initial £38 and about £50-£60 on top for entertainment and linen etc.

Caravan was stated on confirmation as a 2 bed but was actually 3 bed/6 berth and a sofabed too. Clean van, looked modern enough for a standard van.

Would deffo recommend

I went last year and it's lovely. I have just booked tonight to go back at the end of August.
  • kernow99
    Options
    We have just come back from a lovely weekend here through sun holidays. It was quiet (out of season might have been why) with a nice pool which was perfect for our two young children. The staff were all really friendly and would definitely go back again. We paid for an upgrade and had a fantastic caravan (much better than our upgrade last year at Thorness Bay on IOW.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure