Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,434 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    StevieJ wrote: »
    I suppose if Trusteer are aware of it they can do something about it.
    It's interesting that Rapport is 'on the radar' of the cyber criminals. What it means is that Trusteer is going to need to broaden the scope of what Rapport does. It will need to monitor/block new things, which will make it consume more system resources and could lead to more incompatibilities with other software. The trouble with these 'cat and mouse' scenarios is that security tools can become very cumbersome and bloated.

The other issue is that early versions of Rapport didn't come with an auto-update feature. Once Trusteer deals with these issues, there will be a burden on banks to ensure none of their users are using older versions with these vulnerabilities.
  • southcoastsounds
    Options
    I note that Co-operative Bank are now trying to persuade their users to install this software

I have written to them today explaining the problems with Rapport and to advise anyone who is installing Rapport to make a restore point before doing so, so they can revert to the pre-installation state when problems arise.

I have also asked them to place warnings on their website that
    RAPPORT may conflict with existing security software and customers should check with their existing suppliers to see if they are aware of any conflicts before installing it.

I know at least one well-known security produce (F-Secure) which Rapport conflicted with when I tried it.

Tom
  • muymalestado
    Options
    At bank's recommendation I installed RAPPORT and regretted thereafter, PC performance immediately degraded and overhead heavy. Eventually got rid of it and will resist temptation to re-install. Hope bank finds more compatable product as I do understand the need for this type of protection.

Similar situation. Full service on PC restored after expunging Rapport.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I realy can't understand the problems everyone is having. I have had the Rapport for years now and have never had a problem with it uisng online banking with a number of banks.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    I realy can't understand the problems everyone is having. I have had the Rapport for years now and have never had a problem with it uisng online banking with a number of banks.

It's fine on a resonable spec PC. I have no problems on my main PC (Vista, 3GB Ram, dual core CPU) but it makes my netbook much slower so have removed it (W7 Starter, 1GB RAM)

HTH
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hansi wrote: »

I agree completely - I have used it on windows xp and windows 7 and does not slow computer down or conflict with anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure