We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A Payment a Day Part 3

Options

Comments

• Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    Yes thanks. Have had another good day today. OH got a cheque he was expecting for £90 today, so once that has cleared we will need to decide what to do with that.
    And got my dissertation printed off today, going to get it binded tomorrow and then hand in on monday, will be such a weight off my shoulders!!
    Really need to get on with listing some things on ebay, but i just cant be bothered if im honest!!
    How are you?
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    Flower08 wrote: »
    Yes thanks. Have had another good day today. OH got a cheque he was expecting for £90 today, so once that has cleared we will need to decide what to do with that.
    And got my dissertation printed off today, going to get it binded tomorrow and then hand in on monday, will be such a weight off my shoulders!!
    Really need to get on with listing some things on ebay, but i just cant be bothered if im honest!!
    How are you?
    Oo that's fab news! Maybe grab yourselves a cheapy flight somewhere especially after all your hard work on your dissertation! :D I bet you feel a weight's been lifted off your shoulders, well done you! :T Dissertations and essays are always bloomin' hard graff. When do you find out how you got on?

Chucked a couple of bits on to fleBay meself but totally understand how easy it is not to bother! :rotfl: It takes ages and I want the money now :rotfl: I had a gander before and one of my shirts is deffo going to sell so a couple of quid there - all counts though! :D

Are you going to do anything nice this weekend or are you going to tackle the eBay sessions!? :D
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • Flower08
    Options
    I have work this weekend, managing to get some extra hours at the minute so grabbing it with both hands. No more uni left now except for exams so want to try and get as many hours as i can until i decide what i want to do career wise.

OH and i are already looking at holidays for the summer, just somewhere cheap in Europe - i dont care as long as theres sun!!

Think i am going to have to have an ebay session pretty soon, got loadsa stuff that we have decided we dont want to take with us when we move, but it could be sold.

Been drooling over your american idol fantasy recently?? :rotfl:
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Options
    Flower08 wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Isn't it amazing that we've got to start a debate with our OH'S about to do with every penny?!! :eek: I'm not mocking you or anything flower because I can never decide what to do with any extra cash but I know when OH gets extra cash I always want to take it and pay it towards something because I know he'll want to spend it on rubbish! :D
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • Flower08
    Options

Isn't it amazing that we've got to start a debate with our OH'S about to do with every penny?!! :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl:your so right!! If it was down to me it would go straight towards the debts. When it suits OH we have joint finances, the cheque even went into our joint account, but the cheque had his name on so he claims its his to spend as he chooses :rolleyes:
    Hopefully he is going to give me maybe £40 or £50 to put towards the debts, but it still annoys me he'll be spending the rest on junk!!!
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm certainly willing to eat less rubbish and see if my trousers get looser, but I don't have scales in the house. Does Boots still have somewhere you can weigh yourself for free??

Not for free .... My local Boots have scales but it costs 20p to weigh yourself ...
    I don't know anywhere that you can weigh yourself for free , perhaps somebody else :rolleyes: ...

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 April 2009 at 9:56PM
    Options
    must be the day for ebay - i'm listing as well! we're finally taking the plunge and getting our garage converted into a spare room/playroom (been thinking about it off and on for years), builder due to start after bank holiday monday (another one so soon!!!) so need to get the garage cleared of all the [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] valuable items we have been storing :D so i'll be seriously back on the PAD payments as we will "owe" DS1 and DS2's accounts again... :o

was busy chatting to builders, plumbers, sparkies etc yesterday so didn't even turn on the laptop! fear not, though - i have double PADed today, so 1.22 + 1.23 = ***2.45***
    just scoffed a lovely twirl. is it wrong to eat your kids easter chocolate when they are in bed? :rotfl:
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not for free .... My local Boots have scales but it costs 20p to weigh yourself ...
    I don't know anywhere that you can weigh yourself for free , perhaps somebody else :rolleyes: ...

terri x kiss-1.gif

find a friend or rellie with a scale who is close by! doesn't matter if it's not a professional type doctor scale, as long as you weight yourself on the same one you can track your progress...good luck, girls! i *should* join in but head not in the right place for weight loss right now, all i want to do is eat chocolate. maybe i have "stolen" your cravings, terri? as you haven't had much at all recently! :D
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• cashless_wonder
    Options
    Good evening . . . Just finished a cruddy late shift but did have £5.14 in loose change to sling in the pot
    DFW NERD# 1175
    Proud Member of Sealed Pot Challenge #5 ~ 1479 cashless_wonder~*DEBT FREE & LOVING IT*~
    :D
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    .... edited ....
    Right for all those chocoholics out there did you know that how much chocolate you want in a week reveals your age?

Pick the number of time that you want chocolate in a week (more than once but less than ten) OK so it won't work for chocolate virgins or greedy p**gs:rotfl:
    DTxx

It worked for this " greedy pig ! " :rotfl:grinning-1.jpg !!

I'm going to try that out on people tomorrow !

Before you ask .... i never changed the colour of your " Quote " .... it's still coming out in " red " when i quote you :confused: ...

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport