We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A Payment a Day Part 3

Options

Comments

• bigbum_2
    bigbum_2 Posts: 866 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2009 at 6:13PM
    Options
    bigbeff wrote: »
    Afternoon everybody :) No PAD for me as running out of money until payday - can I ask how some people make payments of £20 plus on a daily basis?? I only ever seem to be able to afford a couple of pounds...although I am paying a huge mortgage on my own...just curious how people find the money?

I've often wondered this meself, bigbeff. Good luck to all those who can afford bigger PAD's but even small PAD's when totalled up over time can make a huge dent into your debt.

Honestly bigbeff, it doesn't matter how small the PAD is just pay something daily if you can. The only downside to all this, is padding is soooooo flipping addictive :rotfl:. But it's a good addiction :D.

Have a good one. :)

My PAD for today £1.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigbeff wrote: »
    Afternoon everybody :) No PAD for me as running out of money until payday - can I ask how some people make payments of £20 plus on a daily basis?? I only ever seem to be able to afford a couple of pounds...although I am paying a huge mortgage on my own...just curious how people find the money?
    My big PAD was because I did my SOA when my mortgage payment was £320, I work for a bank (I know, I know) and have a cheap as chips mortgage now base rate has gone down, and I am only paying £210 per month so when I get paid (Today :j) I pay the difference in payments to debt.

I also do the Weekly Spend Challenge and the Grocery Challenge and both of these are having major impacts on my spending. When I started on here I was one or two pounds a day, most of us are at the start then MSE gets its claws in to us and suddenly we have more money :rotfl::T
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, hope everyone has had a good day!
    Just a £1 today as I still have a week till payday, probably won't be very much more than that till next week.
    I've been naughty (sort of) and used £160 from my A&L overdraft to top up my clubcard plus, I'm doing it instead of doing it when I get paid so that I can use it straight away to get the shopping and petrol in at the start of the month. I can only be charged a maximum of £5 for the overdraft and I'm already at that thanks to miscalulating my pads (oops) so it doesn't work out any worse moneywise.

Right enought banging on - need to get some washing up done!

xx
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another £3 PAD today
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • paybacktime2008
    Options
    £150 for me today.....The amount left in my bank account before payday. Think its partly due to not having to pay childcare over the easter holidays.

I think everyone finds their own amounts to pay....just like £5k is life shattering debt to some but other only get their LBM at £50k plus....all horses for courses.

Don't get disillusioned Bigbeff!
    LBM 10/08 £12510.74/
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2009 at 8:56PM
    Options
    And I'm back!
    Just got my weekly dose of Adam Lambert on American Idol :smileyhea
    But some GOOD news people! We have a Sports & Social weekly draw at work that goes on each week and I had a cheque for £56 delivered to my office this afternoon, with my name on it!! :j I never thought I'd win on that thing!
    So I have paid an additional £56 to Barclaycard tonight! With my recent unexpected winnings of late (Grand National, Work Lotto) I'm going to try my hand at the Euro Millions tomorrow! You never know! :D
    Hope everyone's doing OK?
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    Great news about the cheque danko, that must have been a nice surprise for you!!
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks

Very frustrating day for me today. Tried changing my gas and electric suppliers today. Did all the comparisons and went through quidco but with the two suppliers I chose to change to, one said they couldn't do my meter (don't know why as its just a bog standard every day meter) and the other I got as far as setting up the Direct Debit and it didn't like the name on my bank account (tried copying and pasting it from my online statements and it said it wasn't the right name):confused:. Will try again tomorrow as it may have been a technical glitch.

Then tried my car insurance as its due for renewal at the end of the month. So I went through the comparison sites picked the cheapest and then went to go through quidco, moneyback madness etc for the cashback and the quotes were all coming in around £100 dearer and some even nearly double the price:eek:.

Spent several hours today doing what should have been two simple tasks and my poor lappy nearly went out the window!!!!

Anyway PAD for me today is £5.

Hope you all have a good Friday.
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    Flower08 wrote: »
    Great news about the cheque danko, that must have been a nice surprise for you!!
    Totally fab! That'll probably be my lot for winnings ever now :rotfl: Everything OK with you Flower?
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • Beencounting
    Options
    Evening all

I am sooo missing making my PADs, and it's still another week to payday!!!

Not sure what I'll be able to do in May at this rate though as someone bumped into the back of my car earlier in the week, so I'll shortly be paying out £450 excess and then having to wait months to get it back...:mad: :mad:grrr!!!

Still have to try to make some PADs though or I'll never get rid of this debt :o.

Been
    Full LBM 26 Sept 11
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills