We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A Payment a Day Part 3

Options

Comments

• carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lemma1968 wrote: »
    Happy St George's Day!:j

I have made my PaD, another £160 to HMRC :j:j:j

Still a long way to go but if I can clear my cc this year thereby only leaving me my tax to keep plodding on at and, uh hum, some vat arrears (not much) and then I will be debt free!!!

Sounds soooo simple...sadly not so simple in reality :rolleyes:

I will clear my debts!!!!!:p

I presume that`s a monthly PAD?
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everybody :) No PAD for me as running out of money until payday - can I ask how some people make payments of £20 plus on a daily basis?? I only ever seem to be able to afford a couple of pounds...although I am paying a huge mortgage on my own...just curious how people find the money?
    Debt busting 2022 Total £15842.68 £0 (100% paid since 1/1/22)
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hiya :wave:
    My PAD today is £24.00. Going away tomorrow so i'll do a payment for the whole weekend before I go. xx
  • LondonAndy
    LondonAndy Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    Skipped the beer. Boo. But that's another fiver / £5 / to Cap1

Roll on payday tomorrow...gunning for this card balance
    Debt Free 25th August 2010 with PAD !!
    TARGETS : :D:D
    Save 12k in 2013: #068 : £7,305/£12,000
  • Purpleclutterbuck
    Options
    Hiya bigbeff I can only afford baby PaD's too!:o
    My daughter's extra maths help was cancelled so before the money flew away I tethered it to a PaD ;) and I count all the extra amounts because I round money up each time on the monthly payments but I still can't make 20 squid a day! (sorry about the huge mtge that's a real bummer)
    Talking of bums (wash your mouth out girl) is the weight PaD still going ahead ??? please fagashlil ? I have to lose weight (doc's orders) and need all the help I can - mega choccy problem plus lack of willpower = big bottom!!!!!:eek::o
    May you fill up the great clutterbucket of life and may all of your leaks be in cheese sauce:D
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without:cool:
  • clearing_out_my_pockets
    Options
    bigbeff wrote: »
    Afternoon everybody :) No PAD for me as running out of money until payday - can I ask how some people make payments of £20 plus on a daily basis?? I only ever seem to be able to afford a couple of pounds...although I am paying a huge mortgage on my own...just curious how people find the money?

Well I don't have a mortgage or bills so to speak. I still live with the bank of mum and dad while I save for a deposit on my first house.
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hopeful1 wrote: »

It is illegal to be drunk and in possession of a cow.(scotland only!)...

...flying_fresian - is this true????

Not got a clue :D I did know someone at school who was pulled over by the polis for being drunk in charge of a bicycle...
  • LondonAndy
    LondonAndy Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2009 at 5:36PM
    Options
    bigbeff wrote: »

No mortgage for me, and I just moved house to pay about £400 rent less a month than I did before (sharing again). Long term aim is to pay off the HUGE amount off personal debt I have (will be brave enough to post it up soon) and own my own house. I really want that. Back in Jan when I had my LBM I was posting a £1 a day. MSE has helped me lots.

I have a decent job that pays well (I work bl**dy hard), but got myself in a big mess and took on loads of debt in my early twenties when I first moved to London trying to keep up with a new life with people and mates who earned lots more than me ....Nothing to show for it...Oh, the benefit of hindsight.... Those days have gone and I chuck everything at the debt for now - I have a long way to go.....

Every little bit helps, big or small, on the DFW journey...I think the great thing about this thread is that its so supportive! So keep it up bigbeff, you're doing great ! :T

LOL ; Look at London Andy in a sharing mood today ! :o Boys don't do that. Must be the weather or something....
    Debt Free 25th August 2010 with PAD !!
    TARGETS : :D:D
    Save 12k in 2013: #068 : £7,305/£12,000
  • gettingthereslowly
    Options
    £10 paid to A and L thanks to a ms payment
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    PAD for me today is £8.43 :j
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00